She started Kindergarten. Can you believe it? I can't.
So we woke up extra early this morning so we could make sure we were ready for our first day of Kindergarten. Carli was totally excited. We left the house totally early (so I thought). Daddy ("Daddy do you want to come?") was coming with us and we rode in his truck. Turns out, Bangerter has much more traffic at 745 than it does at Cobby's regular time of 'just after 700'. So, here we are, stuck in traffic on the first day of school. As I watch the minutes pass by and the cars barely moving I feel it coming on...an anxiety attack. Carli is so excited she keeps saying "it's taking so long, are we almost to my school?".
Once we finally get there we are showing her the way to her room (I'm thinking we make landmarks "here is the bathroom so you know where to turn....") Cobby is taking every Porter shortcut he can find. Do you know any Porter shortcuts? Anyway, she remembers the room number so as we get there and the class is already started, she places her backpack by all the others and finds an empty desk to sit at. And there you have it. She started her first day.
On the way home Cobby smarts off with "Are you going to cry? Oh, that's so sad." To which I say, "Of course not, is that the only reason you came?". Knowing full well it is, and also knowing if I wasn't so busy having an anxiety attack about being late...I would have been very thankful for my sunglasses this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment