Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Celebrity Sighting!!...oh yeah, and Mom's big mistake.

I made a plan to leave the hotel yesterday morning and made sure we get to the airport in time for our 815 flight to Minneapolis (or Minniapple if you ask Carli). So we get there, are checking in and the little kiosk thing said it can’t do it. I talk to the associate person and he said he didn’t see our names on the 1015 flight, I said “Right, we aren’t on the 1015, we are on the 815” to which he politely says we don’t have an 815, we had a 700 (which turns out would ARRIVE in Miniapple at 815). To which I say in my very polite, but shockingly sweet voice say… “Son of a B%#@&*, oh, woops, sorry. So what can we do now?”. That’s right, the first time ever we missed our flight…and turns out it is MY FAULT!!!! He was pretty sure we would still get home on Monday, it was a slow day, but we have to fly standby. We could definitely get to Minniapple. The next flight leaves at 1230. So we only have 5 hours to blow, in Appleton, WI (Winsconsin in Carli talk). But, we have already turned in the keys to the rental car (by turned in I mean dropped them in the mail slot looking thing in the counter, because Enterprise is not open).

Blah blah blah, fastforward to “we made it to Minniapple”. Get checked in, the NWA man was nice enough to confirm our seats for us instead of putting us standby because we have a little person. We are unable to get 3 seats together, but if he confirms now he can get 2. We’ll take it, ever so gracefully. WOO-HOO. We only have 5 more hours to go before we leave Minniapple. I know, let’s go to Chili’s Too and get something to eat. What, no gluten free menu? A salad please, no cheese, no croutons, no dressing. Can I get a margarita with that?

Then…and I kid you not we had our first ever celebrity sighting. Cobby looks up and says “hey there is that one guy”.
Me looking at him like, “Duh, which one guy”,
Cobby answers “Vince, uh, Vaughn”
Me: “What?” Quick turn around…and sure as shit, there he was.
Since we were sitting right next to the fence at Chili’s he walked right by (Yep, shoulda grabbed his butt, but didn’t), 3 times. Talk about star struck.
I call Paula’s phone and leave a message. Duh, she is at the cabin. Call her husbands phone, he sometimes has reception. Tell him what happened, holy crap, here comes Vince again…let me talk to Paula, quick quick quick, here he comes again. Paula asks “Where are you?”, “in Minniapple, but I see Vince Vaughn.” We lose the connection. But I’ll call her when I get home so it is no big deal. Turns out, she thought I said “there is a fawn”, yeah right , at the Miniapple Airport, that is just as likely as us missing our flight and it being my faul….oh no, wait. Nevermind.
Nevertheless, we made it home, and what is the difference between 1130 AM and 830 PM anyway, that’s nothing. We were glad to be home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it home safe and sound. But I want you to know that you are not the only one in this family to make a small mistake with the flight time. I to did this trying to get home from Salt Lake. We are trying to check in and found out the flight had already left. The only good thing is that we arrived home about the same time as was scheduled. Love Mom Miller