Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Casual Gathering

On Saturday we had a casual gathering. It was on Cobby's birthday, but I swore to him there was no hidden agenda and I wasn't up to anything (quite frankly, that made me want to be up to something...just sucks he thought of it first). As usual, I sent out a mass email. As usual, Cobby expressed his concerns with having too many people over (which only ever happens when he invites people and I'm being sober). But this night, I was having Margarita's.

So Ben and Crystal show up thinking 1) we canceled the gathering or 2) they are our only friends. We love them and they probably think we are nerds so it works out for all of us.

Then...the mormon shows up. Not just any mormon, the guy I invited (new to my work cubicle, but funny as, well heck - sometimes). I offer him a drink, he asks what we have. I told him Bud Light, which is followed by a small chuckling in the room (cause that's funny). Then my adorable angel, the best hostess ever says, "No, we DO have Bud Light!". This of course is followed by a burst of laughter from all in the room. She is so nice (and apparently learns how to read Bud Light in Kindergarten...maybe a conference is due).

Anyway, it was a nice, quiet evening with just a couple of friends. It was the least I could do for Cobby's birthday. After all, when he asked Carli that morning if she bought him a birthday present she answered with "not yet", then whispered to me "what are we going to daddy for his birthday?". To which I answered with a smile, "the same thing he always gets me darling."

Have a happy and safe Halloween everyone.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sorry we couldn't make it to your party. I hope Cobby liked his birthday gift as much as you do.
;-)