That's right. It is practically a prayer, well one with a knock on wood anyway. It's October and guess what?!?! We didn't make one trip to the ER, InstaCare or anything comparable for the entire month of September (here is where we knock on wood - or touch it, whatever). "What's the big deal?" you ask, well our adorable Angel is also an extreme child. We have now broken our six month schedule, rushing to an unscheduled doctor's office after a frantic call from the daycare.
Need a refresher (or just plain don't know)? Here goes...
March 2006 - Call from the daycare. "um, Carli fell on the playground. She has put her teeth through her lip, she may need to see a doctor". As I drive frantically to get her, I am calling her pediatrician office, the dentist office and InstaCare...asking all the questions and getting the answers so when I get her...I can pretend to be calm. Go to InstaCare, pay $50. Wait in waiting room for more than an hour. Go back, they say, yes she needed stitches but since it has scabbed, we would have to reopen it. Just better to leave it be. Alright, can you check her ears (mother of the year heard the complaint of sore ears this morning - wrote it off). Oh my!!! Let's get her an antibiotic. Prize - scar under bottom lip (look at this!)
September 2006 - HR called my building (forgot my cell phone at lunch), sent someone to find me. Cobby had called and he is on his way to get the kid - doesn't know where to take her. Call from daycare. "um, Carli fell on the playground (do we see a pattern yet?), we thing she broke her arm". Yes, InstaCare here we come. Stop at InstaCare, shorter wait at the other one, let's go. $50 to InstaCare, $30 a week later to see a 'specialist - Ortho Surgeon. 5 Trips to Primary Children's hospital. Result - surgery on her precious little elbow. Prize - scar for life, makes for good stories.
March 2007 - Call from daycare. "um, Carli fell off the monkey bars...on the playground she broke a tooth" I'll be right there AGAIN - This is definitely a pattern!!! Make more calls as I drive like a lunatic, can't find the dentist number, call friend freaking out (loving Paula always). She gives me the number, they will see her in 45 mins. Take her to DDS. They package up the one tooth that fell out, referred us to pediatric guy across the street to "help the other one out". He is anxious about giving stitches because of the location the tooth went through the lip. No worries, we are old hat at this. Carry on! Prize - Bigger scar under her lip, GREAT stories.
So... here we are in October 2007. Safe and sound so far.
And, her daddy taught her a new word. Special word for October - dickhead. That's right, as in "Daddy, you're a dickhead", more commonly used in our house by the daddy when speaking to the dogs. I'm such a proud mommy.
2 comments:
And I thought I had it bad with my kid. At least she's tough! And always so freakin' cute!
I am not going to say a word...OK four kids and one trip to the hospital...unless you count the 100 days before we could bring Nicole home.
Post a Comment