A quick rundown of my weekend. Saturday started bright and early with the Mackay Family. Photo re-shoot, thank god they are mostly reasonable people (except that one I work with, but you can only do so much with so little). They really were good sports.
Then, off to the dance studio where Carli was already in cheer/Tumbling practice. When we left she said "Momma, I wasn't so good". I asked her if she was having fun though and with an ecstatic "YES", I knew it was worth my $35. Her first performance is at Raging Waters in two weeks, and she will be missing practice this weekend because we will be camping.
And of course then Carli and I went with Brookie, Carson and Vicki up to Kennecott. The kids were amazed at the big tire. I remember our annual trips up there, but it has been soooo long.
By the time we got home yesterday Carli wanted nachos for dinner, and I wanted....something that took as long as nachos to cook so it all worked out.
Sunday was no day to rest in this house. We got up this morning, and got showered so we could head back up to Wheeler Farm to take Carli's pictures. She just hates it when she comes with me to take pictures of people and their families and she can't be in them so I promised her she could have her very own...of course she was in heaven.
From there we went directly to the zoo. Their new exhibit "Madagascar" opened this weekend. I was hoping there would be plenty of room for us sinners since all the good kids should have been at church, but not so much. We had to park up top which was strange...but whatever. As soon as we walked in I saw someone who I worked with there. She let me know there was a new baby a week ago. Not mentioned in the press though...and I got to go look at streaming video of said baby. FREAKIN CUTE!!!! I'm telling you right now, people are going to LOVE this little guy...or girl..whatever. They wanted to see how the mom was going to do for awhile so they have yet to actually 'see' the baby other than on video. She is doing great so far, so no human intervention is needed for now. You all are going to just die when you see it. Carli was totally thrilled too.
You know, when I started working there several years ago, I had no idea the perks the job came with. Now, the exhibit....well, it's nothing to stand in line for. If there is a line outside of the building come back later. We didn't wait that long, and the building (formerly the Ghost of the Bayou building, which was formerly the butterfly building and formerly the bird building where they would sucker innocent people into buying bird seed glued to a popsicle stick...but it worked), was quite comfortable. Those little fossa's are strangely interesting. Of course the little eco explorer kid had enough time to tell us there are 2 in there, one male, one female. They are about 3 years old. Cobby would have been thrilled to see those little guys, he would have been right "why go to the zoo...the animals just lay there". Anyway, if you are going to the zoo...then stop in, but I can't recommend you going up to the zoo to see this exhibit (and I'm generally quite complimentary to the zoo...personal bias).
When we got home, I dropped the kid off and off to Harmons for some grocery shopping.
Things to look forward to:
Uncle Earl coming out from West Virginia this weekend.
Camping by a stream this weekend.
And extra day off next week.
A major ass case of the groggies on Monday AM. Cause Mondays aren't bad enough, and here I am up at almost 1130, cause I can't sleep. And guess what kids...430 comes awfully early!
Enjoy a few pics from my weekend.
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |

No comments:
Post a Comment