So anyway, there are so many fabulous things about our last week camping...let's see, where to start? Hmm, well first Dad, Cobby and Carli had gone up on Tuesday. So after work on Thursday, I loaded up all the food I could eat (as much as I adore Cobby, he just never packs enough food), the dogs and the StepMother and off we went. By the time we got there I felt like my baby had been gone FOREVER, and couldn't wait to wrap my arms around her. She apparently felt a little differently as I was outside with Cobby for a couple of minutes before I went into the trailer where her daddy was letting her ...WATCH TV! WHAT!?!?! She jumped up, came running to me and yelled "MOOOOOOMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY {hugs}, where's my prize?". They are so cute when they are little, right?
That night we were sitting by the fire when Carli looked up and said "Momma, I see a shooting star!". Now we all know, that by the time someone says...hey look, it's always gone. That's just how it is. So I looked up expecting nothing (except the beautifully starry night time sky, of course) and saw it...cruisin across the sky....in it's bright glory...fast as hell...but never fading. Guess what it was....the SPACE STATION! How exciting. I had read earlier in the week that we should be able to see it, but had forgotten by then. When I told Carli that what she saw was a rocket with people inside of it you could have placed softballs in her eye sockets - no really. And the fact that she spotted it...was even better.
The next morning we were joined by Scotty Potty and Denise.
We enjoyed a great super long ride which resulted in several bug type friends that Carli caught, fondled, threw at Papa and released. Honestly, there aren't many places that you can bitch about the 105 degree heat, ride for a couple of hours and still find snow pack. It was a great time. Until the meltdown (of the kid, not the snow) that is. We actually planned it, to make Denise appreciate her gross teenage daughter. Anything we can do help.
Papa had made Carli another hillbilly net so she could catch the little fish in the river and prepare yourself for the surprise...he waited until the next day to break out the duck (it's spelled right, trust me) tape.
The next day, most of us weren't up for a marathon ride like the day before (hey 6 hours on little mountain roads while you are eating dust isn't all that bad, but you throw another person on the back of your ride...and well, there's another person on the back of your ride, DUH!). So, we went for a short ride up to the spring. It is a fabulous waterfall that they had explored before Vick and I got there. Matter of fact, they had already mined some gold. Soooo, we went back for more. It's gorgeous...I just love waterfalls, and rivers, and lakes and streams and oceans and the sound they make is amazing. Which is why I especially love these camp spots. Almost every single one of them have a creek (pronounced with an 'ick') so you can hear it all night if you leave the windows open. Carli had so much fun, that even though we had our feet in the water for more than 2 minutes, they hurt to walk...she was not even phased. Kids are so tough.
She even thought she would wash her hair.
Wonder where she learned that?
Can't wait for more...it's an agonizing 2 days away. I don't know how people live. ;) Hope you all had a fabulous holiday weekend too (Yep, for us Utards, it was a holiday).
3 comments:
love the butt shot, one you'll have to show the dates when she is older
Stop having so much fun! It makes the rest of us that don't leave town on the weekends look lame!
(Cute pics though.)
(It was me that deleted the comment above. I published before I proof read.)
Post a Comment