Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July weekend

We had a great holiday weekend. Which for us, means we were camping. This time with my parents. It was super fun and the weather was fabulous. Potguts and butterflies galore. We even had a resident dive bombing hummingbird. But our lousy attempts to make a bird feeder were unsuccessful (figures). We were lucky enough to see some deer, a lot of salamanders, a couple of turkeys, some great views and a bathing hillbilly.

Of course there were lots of stories to tell too, but they were around the campfire when we had been drinking and I can't remember enough details to write about them. So, make up your own and stamp my name on the bottom of it and we'll call it good.

The choices they had for music on this slide show sucked...so, sorry. Think of your fave music while you are watching the slideshow. Quite frankly, I've been singing 'You can learn a lot of things from the flowers, but especially in the month of June' from Alice in Wonderland (you know, when she is little and in the flower bed and they think she is a weed). Especially when we got to the bluebell meadow....billions and billions of them...which of course creates kabillions and kabillions of pollen. I don't think I've had allergies this bad since before I went to the allergy doctor. I guess it is a good thing to remember how bad it used to be. I'll tell you what...those blue bells sure know how to bust through the ZyrtecD.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Katheryn Snyder said...

looking at these pics makes me miss the mountains! Glad you had a fun time!

Michelle said...

Looks beautiful! Where were you?

Janice said...

Up by strawberry. Trout creek is where we camped. Can't even tell you where we were riding...that part isn't my job :)

Yes, Katheryn you should miss the mountains. The only thing that would be better would be mountains, going right down to the ocean :)