This was a big trip for me. We were invited by a friend to go to Lava with her family. Cobby was pretty on the fence whether he wanted to go or not, then his brother decided to have his fantasy football draft that same weekend. This decision not only knocked his ass off the fence, it was like a pitbull chased him across the yard and took a bite out of his knickers (haha, I said knickers). So that meant that Carli and I were INDEPENDENT for this trip. Cobby was nice enough to help us prepare the trailer (filled it with water) - you go boy! We dropped him off in Brigham City and Carli and I were off, like a couple of girls...on their own...heading for the hills - or the hot water anyway. I knew we would be okay pulling the trailer, I had done it before (with Cobby in the truck anyway), the only thing I was worried about was backin' that ass up into the RV spot. But I knew I would be taken care of once I got there. I was really looking forward to seeing so many people I hadn't seen in years (like since I graduated kind of years...that would be 16 for you slow folk), and of course those who I had seen more recently.
When we arrived, I of course passed our spot right up and went down this narrow little tiny road with trailers on both sides (alright, it wasn't that little...but come on). That was the only anxiety I felt the whole time, but in the back of my head I knew it would be fine cause there were all sorts of man people just waiting to show off some manhood. I was sooo relieved to see my good friend Nina (we were in elementary together, but got really got close in Middle School - that's right, MIDDLE SCHOOL...NOT Junior High (that's for sissy's that need football teams and stuff)). She paged Uncle Todd (who I have adored for several years) and he backed that trailer up about a mile, then parked it right where it needed to be. Then he got out of Cobby's truck and was mentioning to me it was his pleasure...since he had a big old wood and all. Then Todd, Chris (Nina's hot hubby) and Dennis (Nina's uncle) started buzzin around like busy little bees to get that trailer all leveled up and stuff.
Once we got there and settled, it was a matter of hugs and tears as I got reacquainted with all the people who I practically lived with growing up. I wonder what the longest stretch was that my parents didn't see me (clearly it worked out ok).
The next day Carli and I went to the pool, it was a bit too cool for us to go down the river. Maybe next year. When we got back Tammy, her way cute daughter and SIL Kristi were there. Nina's brother asked his girlfriend to marry him and then we bribed the older girls in camp to watch the littler kids while we went OUT!!!
Man alive it was a good time. Dancing and listening to music and singing and dancing...just like we were in high school - well, except this night we had our choice of beverages (and didn't have to sneak 'em and have someone buy them for us...I mean, well, er, ummm nevermind). But it was fun...and that's what was important. Good friends (new and old)...good times and good stories.
And we made it back to Brigham just in time for me to drive all the way home. :) Who needs their own man? Especially when you can just borrow someone else's for 6 minutes. Efficiency is the word!
Enjoy some pics (minus the ones from the bars, they cost extra). It was good to see you girls, many more dancin' nights in our future - cheers!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |

2 comments:
I love you Janice!! That is so awesome!!! We need to get together soon!!!
Whoops thats me Nina
Post a Comment