A friend of mine told me today that he just read the email that I have a blog. He went to the blog and whammo, he already knows those stories. I need to update it. I told him that I will as soon as Carli does something funny. He told me if it is just Carli's stuff I need to change the name of the blog. So, here it is updated...with me, again.
So, I am giving myself allergy shots twice a week now. That’s a good thing. I learned a lesson last Friday. That’s a good thing. Here is the long story of it, not a good thing.
So, as soon as I poke my chubby leg with the needle, it feels different. Not “Ouch, oh my god that hurt!” different, but kinda like “huh, that kinda hurts” different. No worries, it passes. I pull the needle out and alakazaam…there’s blood. I’m not all crazy and scared of blood or anything, but there is this tiny microscopic whole in my leg and the amount of blood coming out of this tiny eency weency hole is just crazy. Then, I look at my leg. Not only is the blood spewing OUT of my leg, but you can see a bruise forming right before your eyes….like crazy. So, here I am 4 days later, with this black (not kidding here) mark on my thigh bigger than my ear (not kidding here either). If you run your hand over it, it feels like there is a marble under my skin, only don’t do that….cause it hurts – DUH! I know, it’s only the size of an ear, and it’s not like I’m Dumbo or anything, but come on….look in a mirror, turn your head just slightly. Hold your hand up to your ear and hold your fingers out to take the shape/size of your ear. Now, without moving your fingers, place your hand on your thigh. Now, imagine that only BLACK!!! Now, imagine yourself in shorts for the weekend and people coming up to you touching it and saying “What’s that?”. Oh the stories I could make up then. The only thing is, you can’t tell people that your boyfriend/husband/whatever hit you because:
1) It’s not true, but so what. Let them find that out from him when they go to hit him and he wonders why.
2) Little 5 year old persons who rarely leave your side, thinking you forgot what really happened, proudly, clearly and loudly say “No, momma, that’s where you gave you a shot!”.
3) Even if 1 and 2 don’t apply, Every time someone asks “Are you serious?” I say, “Of course, why would I lie?” and start smiling/smirking/laughing because I’m such a good liar.
Anyway, this time he really didn’t do it. Besides, we all know that if he did, I would tai chi his ass and then pom fui him. Don’t know what that is? Well, back up buddy.
The point of the story…next time you give yourself a shot, watch for all those little blue lines (that look like bodies of water on a map), and be so careful to poke the islands in the stream instead of the little rivers themselves.
P.S. If you want Cobby to take me camping this weekend instead of working in 'Bernal? No, daddy, I don't want you to go to Bernal!". Send him an email at (EMail removed at request of receiver...eye roll) . I appreciate your support with this matter.
P.P.S. No picture attached because, well, oooh that's gross!
No comments:
Post a Comment