Hi, welcome to our blog. You can visit to check on updates of our family, you know...funny things Carli says, funny things Cobby does and the brilliant things I do to cope with them both.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Tuesday night entertainment
It was my nightmare waiting to happen. Cobby was sick as a dog and trying to sleep (double dosed on nighty night medicine as if it mattered with our evening entertainment). Carli was freaking out cause I wouldn’t give her ice cream. She lolly gags so much when she needs to get her stuff done (no, not Cinderella stuff, just getting her clothes ready for the next day, cleaning her art project off the kitchen table...stuff like that), then it is bed time. Since she has been in school even Cobby has been stricter about that (who knew?). We have found that putting her toys in time out works better than grounding her from TV or whatever (which has been on minimally for summer anyway). She really loves sleeping with ALL of her animals on the bed. Picture this: Hogle Zoo only we don’t have to feed them and clean up the poop. One by one, and sometimes three by three the animals are gathered and removed from the room. Which enhances the screeching, bellowing, and slide pounding. I finally realize that no matter how many times I go in and tell her to “be quiet, daddy is sick and trying to sleep and you need to go to sleep too so you can be ready for school tomorrow”…it just isn’t going to work. I throw my hands in the air and think – Well, whatever. So yes, by the time she actually screamed herself to sleep it was about 930 (what, that’s only an hour). So of course I was anxious about wake up the next day…blah blah blah (which went surprisingly normal). So our first school night meltdown came and went and there are no visible scars. I don’t know how people with multiple children deal with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment