So I am leaving for Vegas in the morning. I'm going with some girlfriends for a bachlorette party. Nope, won't be blogging that. You know, what happens in Vegas....
Anyway, the point is this. Carli still had her loose tooth (yep the Christmas present loose tooth), but it was barely hanging on. I tried a couple of times (even giving her the power of the string holder) and it just wasn't working. I just knew that if I didn't take things under my control...I was going to miss the moment of my angel losing her first tooth - the way they are supposed to be lost.
Carli's power of the string story - Last week I told her we would tie a string around her tooth and she wold be the only one who could pull on the string. I tied a loop in the other end and put her finger through it. The string was just long enough to be 'long' but short enough that any quick movement could, well, displace the tooth. She was sitting at the table doing homework and I tossed a popcorn ball at her. Of course she should reach out and grab it pulling the tooth....SHOULD. But she didn't. She sat there and let that popcorn ball hit her square in the nose. She didn't even flinch. We didn't make this popcorn ball - neither did Cobby's fabulous Aunt Marlene. It was leftovers- from HALLOWEEN!!! Hard as a rock and that kid didn't even flinch. Cobby ratted me out immediately. Carli didn't even care.
Today I picked her up from daycare and I swear if you touched that tooth it would stick straight out like a swordfish. So tonight (after dinner and homework of course) we tied some more string on it. I told her I would video tape it. She loves watching those goofball videos. It took a few tries, but then she chickened out. Well, you can watch the rest. Warning....this is not for the sensitive "oh, you are such a horrible mom" type. Don't send me emails about how mean I am and whatever. It was time, don't be so weak as to let Cobby's words get to you. He's a pussy, you know. A pussy (pause) cat. She didn't even cry until she saw the blood.
She is now sleeping soundly waiting for the tooth fairy to visit. By the way, Mr. Tough guy things the fairy is leaving $5 and he's the turd head who told her he saw the tooth fairy at the gas station and she told him there was no money left cause there were too many teeth being pulled out by mean moms (for real, I have it on video - but I'm not uploading it). And Hello - that is how much he insisted the fairy leave when she had trauma teeth withdrawal last year. Men are such dorks!
And to help those grandma types feel better, the video that we recorded seconds after this one (which I won't upload either), has Cobby trying to get to her some more about how mean I am. She knows I didn't trick her. She knows I am the only one who loves her. :)
3 comments:
That was tons nicer than how my dad used to pull our teeth.
Hay you did a great job. Remember how I did it.aitffhs
That's the meanist thing I have seen done to one of my grandchildren. Baaaaaad, mommy :)
Post a Comment