Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas presents

So there we were on Christmas morning, I was already awake so I decided to begin unpacking from the trip. As I was unpacking, and watching the clock, I wondered how long I would let everyone else sleep before shouting - "Holy Crap, he came and left presents!".

Before I knew it (and while the bed was covered with things from suitcase #2), Carli came in and said "It's Christmas!". I agreed and told her Merry Christmas and to tell her daddy so he would wake up also. Then she looked in the mirror, turned around and said "but mommy, my tooth is wiggly". I chuckled because 1) that's funny and 2) what does she know about a wiggly tooth? (flash back to March when she fell and busted two teeth out of place and one clean out). So I said "Let me see that" and put my finger on her tooth and sure as shit, it wiggled. That would be the end of most stories, but not ours. That adorable child looked at me and said "I already have a Christmas Present, my wiggly tooth". Had I only taken advantage of that one while I had the chance.

Now, when this tooth actually falls out I'm not sure how she will eat anything, unless it is blended and she is using a straw. She'll at least have a perfect hole for it.

No comments: