Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ohhh, Tuesdays! Good news, I got another MOTY Award! YAY!

Happy Tuesday everyone! Hopefully you all got out and voted today (or earlier than today). It was a lovely Tuesday, don't you think?

The Utah weather has finally kicked in. Where else can you get blaring rain and wind, a bit of slush and more wind, the sun blaring in your window as you are driving home and some scary clouds in the sky all in one day? And that was all before we walked into the house this afternoon.

I know it is usual blogger etiquette to express how fabulous our children are, how cute they are, the funny thing they said today and how sweet they can be. But today my fair readers, I am bringing you a short blip of reality. My reality. Keep in mind our usual Tuesday schedule involves getting home from school, doing homework, reading, going through backpack, changing clothes, packing tomorrows lunch and getting the uniform ready for school tomorrow. Then we get to go to the gym. You see, I'm usually quite lucky. My kid LOVES the gym. So, in order for her to be allowed to go, she has to have all her chores (See above list) done before hand. Today however, we walked in the door, a snack that she wanted wasn't available, a reasonable matching outfit was too much to hope for...so instead of gym, I got this. A few things to note here, her door has no doorknob. This serves a couple of purposes. We have a peeky hole, in case we need one and she can't lock us out. However, the down side (yep you knew there had to be one) is that it is hard to get her to 'have a fit in your own room if your going to have one'. So I personally, go into my own room and shut and lock the door. This is what it sounds like from my side. In addition that this, the kind of torture that I love to provide to my well rounded child is such that since she loves to be videoed, I would give her that opportunity, right now, as she really is...and not putting on her stage face (you know the one). And I swear, this happens every time we let her watch TV the night before. And even though it was only a little bit of Dancing with the Stars (which she claims to love), this is what I get. That'll show me.

For your viewing pleasure (and for respect of your time), this fit has been cut down from the original 45 minutes to fit in your screen and cuz we had to put in a few commercials and such that all the big movies say...blah blah blah (I never said I was Steven Spielberg ;))

P.S. the other part of her punishment is that she had to clean the black marks off my door with Clorox wipes...and she has to stay home with dad while I go to the gym...by myself...for an extra long workout...while they are painting faces in the kids area...and having chocolate and dancing around with the real princesses from Disney. That is the kind of mom who wins Mother Of The Year.

**Update, I accidentally loaded the wrong unmixed video. This one is the right one...you really are going to love it!

11 comments:

Katie said...

I'm sorry, but I started laughing when the video started. Only because it's not so terrible when it's someone else's kid. I'm going to have to remember to break out the camera next time in the hopes they'll run away. Because my kids can throw some fantastic fits!

Janice said...

So...does it make me a bad person to laugh when it IS my own kid? Oh well, that's how it goes. He Michelle - if you are reading (or watched the video) this...ummmm, my kid is 'special' no other kids ever act like this. You know, unless they are real kids...not made by mattel or hasbro or whatever. Good luck...thinking of you!

Theresa said...

That was hilarious. And yes it makes me want one even with the fits. I just hope I can remember to make them as entertaining as you do.

Melita said...

That was really funny. I don't know how you manage to make everything seem funny. Maybe I'll have to get out the camera sometime when my boys throw a fit, which for the younger one is pretty much every day.

Katie said...

Okay, so that one was even better. No, it doesn't make you a bad mother to laugh at your own kid throwing a fit. But Seth threw a big one this afternoon and I forgot to grab the camera. Maybe next time. And how did you add the cute graphics and music? Or do I just need to play around with my Flip movie maker software?

Janice said...

Yeah, it was my Flip camera stuff. The first time I ever 'made a movie' with it. Kind of a pain though, it kept freezing my computer up. But it worked out.

Annalyn said...

Hilarious to watch - and glad you made the video. Look forward to some more in the future :-)

I was hoping for an "after" pic of your door - the one that you said she will have to clean. hehe!

Anonymous said...

OMG - I was laughing so hard watching this, and even had to watch it a second time.... Poor Carli being chased by her mother...

Honestly I have to agree with the other comments... you always make things funny!! Thanks for the laughs!!

PS> I can't wait to show Paul, he's going to LHAO!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, BTW ~ it's me Lynda... haha - pay attn to the time, that's my excuse!!

Anjie said...

LOL! That was hilarious...we get the same kind of fits here. I'm pretty sure my son is gonna kick his door in (or out)one of these days.

I'm with Katie, gonna charge the video camera now to get ready for the next tantrum (coming soon to a home near me, I am sure!)

Katheryn Snyder said...

that was funny! my boys never act like that, but my daughter is all about melt downs! I should video tape her next one for blackmail purposes when she's older.