Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivities!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving this year. We had a great time! All day!

Wednesday night our friend Codename: Rupert, called and asked if we had plans to go to the zoo on Thursday. We have never been on Thanksgiving before (I know how weird that sounds) and he said something about the elephants getting a 1000 lb pumpkin to play with. Soooo.....well, we went! Cobby was even intrigued by the elephant excitement, but he decided not to go...which was good. I think he would have had an anxiety attack when he saw all the people standing my the elephants. We had a great time with Rupert, Jackie and Charlie and Eli. Please enjoy our video. I'd like to thank my Videographer Holly who (thanks to her fabulous set of keys) can get a front row seat to elephant events and only slightly cringed when I threw my video camera at her. And, just so you know. Rupert pointed out that Holly is the one who saved their family about 2 years ago when one of the boys wandered off. She helped find the wanderer and then helped calm everyone down with a caterpillar. And, she doesn't even remember that....but that's cause she saves so many kids, she can't keep them all straight. For the record, this was only the second time I have heard the elephant trumpet, it just sends excitement right through me.

Although we had so many fun and important moments at the zoo, like the peccaries going crazy and starting a frenzy (sorry, no video of that one), the black bear standing up on the wall, the crocs (which more people would swear are fake), non exhibit animals in water features...you just can't miss Charlie's kiss to GrandMommy from the carousel. And because it is brief, I double edited it...so when you hear me go..."Ooooooh", keep watching cause it is FAST!


Then of course we went to my dad and stepmother's house for dinner. The kids played, and we all visited. After dinner, grandma gave the kids a catalog to go through and pick out something for Christmas. It was an All-A-Dollar catalog, but so what! It was fabulous, we had a great time. So great in fact that instead of going home to get ready to head up north, we stayed until after 10:00...and you just have to believe me that is extremely late for my parents (they usually go to bed with the sun...and that is not a joke). It was fabulous for Carli to get to play with kids all day long and it was great that we got to spend so much time with our family.


I took a few pics with my blackberry...but once again, trouble loading. I hate that!
Next up? The Polar Express!!! I'm so excited I almost can't stand it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA I was waiting for Carli to smack her face and knock out a few more teeth on that bouncy thing. LOVE YA PAULA

Theresa said...

The elephant trumpet was so way cool. I have never really heard them do that. I had to listen to it twice! Looks like fun but I have to agree with Paula. Charlie and Eli looked like they were more stable on that thing then Carli did.

Julie said...

Thanks so much for sharing your elephant experience with us. We were planning on taking our 50 or so pumpkins to the elephants, but after seeing the 1,000 lb. pumpking I don't think they will be impressed with our pumpkins.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Katie said...

Great video! And I second what Paula said.

Grandma F. said...

The magazine was NOT All a dollar. It was TOYS R US.