Thursday, June 4, 2009

Countdowns and co-pays

We've been on countdown for the last 45 days. And here we are. Every morning this week when I wake up Carli, it is "Good morning! What is today?"
"Today is my last first grade Monday....Tuesday....Wednesday...Thursday" and low and behold, guess what?!?!? Tomorrow I will be greeted by "today is my last day of first grade".
There you have it, I have a second grader (or will, within 15 hours anyway).

Do you know what else that means? We are now on an Instacare countdown. That's right people, Monday is the day she goes back to the Rec Center. I told her last week she needs to be really careful not to knock out her teeth this year "Yeah, this one, this one and this one, huh mom? Cause they are the last ones I get." That's right kiddo! The very last ones. Cause I won't buy new ones. We'll move to West Virginia with the rest of them and wait for enough of them to fall out that the republican's who hate to pay for people to get healthcare will pay for your new set of teeth (To be fair, they only voted repugnant 3 out of the last 4 elections).

Watch those tweets people, you never know when it will happen. And...just to plan ahead, I am putting the phone numbers for the two closest Instacare's in my crackberry right NOW! Why? Cause it is way easier to call both clinics on the way to the Rec Center to find out the wait times...they won't let you call ahead for a bed, but it's good to know...Cause that is what a good parent does...that's why. Cause how many times can you call Paula in laughing tears asking her to save you again cause you can't even remember the doctors name/number. Plus, if anything will jinx our run, that'll be it....right?

No comments: