Sunday, June 7, 2009

What have you learned?

This weekend I've learned plenty of lessons, they include (but are not limited to) the following:

If you go to a childs birthday party that ends at 2, but the bounce house isn't removed until 5...the party ends at...well, um after 5. Thanks Robby and Regina!

When going to a gathering with OLD (not age wise, but time wise...you know what I mean) friends, it sometimes feels like nothing has change. Except, you can drink without worrying your folks will find out. Great to hang with Bean!

If you go to a movie at the movie house and decide to be 10 minutes late so you don't have to see all the 'commercials', make sure it is an early movie, not the 2:00 one. Cause sure, you'll miss the commercials, but you'll also have to sit on the end of the second row....and get a kink in your neck. We saw Night at the Museum 2....LOVED IT!!! It's a buyer.

If you get 'almost' everything done today that you wanted to....it's a success. Even if the compost didn't get totally moved...cause it was making LOTS of noise...and I was scared...and I wanted ice cream.

What I need to learn...
What species those bees that were living in my compost were. I was trying to change out the composter (cause I got this new tumbler one...woohoo!) and there were many bees interested in my 'black gold', but there were so many of them flying around they kept getting caught up in my hair. Then, when I moved this one shovel full, the whole mound started to vibrate and buzz (not the good kind either so stop thinking its good). So I went in..it was scary. Sooooo....these bees are short and FAT and FURRY and either way light yellow or white (with black of course). Anyone? Anyone? Look, I don't want to kill them, especially if they are the 'endangered' kind and will pollinate and stuff...but I don't want them all pissed of and stinging my dogs all day either. And quite frankly...I want to finish migrating the composters (I can't wait to use my new one). So give me a hand here people.

Oh, and does anyone want my other composter? You can find a picture of it ...here.
Pros: Totally easy to assemble. Easy to access from all four sides. This composter is 'critter proof'. It doesn't take long to get your first shovel full of black gold.
Cons: Somewhat challenging to mix around (which is why I bought the tumbler). Naughty naughty border collies are apparently NOT 'critter's.

No comments: