Sunday, December 16, 2007

Santa?



This is the second year that Carli has liked Santa. And the second year that Santa knew Carli's name. Not only that, but he also knew that Carli was being sneaky and blaming the naughty things that happen around our house on the "magic elf". I recognized the look on her face when he mentioned it as "oh, crap...busted". Funny though, how she NEVER stops smiling. She has to think that toothless smile is worth more than a bag of money, unfortunately, it usually works (on people outside of the house anyway). And although Santa wispered the rest of the speach, and she won't spill the beans about what he said, I'm pretty sure the impact was positive - to my benefit. Here's hoping for no more cold shots in the shower from flushing toilets - followed by a muffled scream of "I didn't do it!".

Well, it at least worked last year when he told her she needed to keep her room clean. Not 100% mind you, but there has been a clear improvement.


Then we spent the evening with some friends at the zoo to see the zoo lights. They are in their first year. And although it was freakin cold, we had a great time. Let's try not to dwell on the fact that I enticed some people to come by being able to see babies of all sorts (Golden Lion Tamarins - see picture previously promised and now included, Penguins, and of course the newest baby - Giraffe). I truly had no idea that all the buildings would be closed - therefore, NO babies. I swear I didn't know. Although, I guess since the focus was zoo lights, it makes sense to see the lights. The cougar and the snow leopard were up and about. I think Roger got a few good shots of the tiger too. And even though you can't tell, this is Carli standing in front of one of many animals we saw - that were aluminated. :)










And just in case, I don't write again before going away for our winter trip. Merry Christmas everyone! Even you DA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I got some pics of Carli. I'll look on my camera and send over any I took of her.

AH