Saturday, March 29, 2008

Greenish yellow?

As some of you know, this year I am trying to go green. Not totally, absolutely, crazy green. Just trying to be more aware and doing what I can (within certain means). Earlier this year I bought those heavy duty cotton bags to take grocery shopping with me so I don't get "paper or plastic?". By the way, when you bring in your own bags, Harms will give a .05 credit per bag, even if you reuse the ones from somewhere else. We have been recycling at our house for the last couple of years, more of us than others. This Easter when Carli got her Easter basket (Yep, the same one from the last 6 years). She said the Easter Bunny already gave her one of those ones. I told her the Easter Bunny recycles too.

My newest endeavor? Composting, we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck.

Now, off to the gym.

4 comments:

Katie said...

We recycle (thank goodness for curbside recycling!) a lot. Seriously, our recycle container is full when our trash container has maybe one bag in it. If I'm out, I even take my recyclable trash home so I can put it in the recycle bin instead of throwing it away. I know it's not "super green" but at least it's a start.

Brooke Shreeve said...

Explain the composting bin.

Janice said...

Put organic 'garbage' (fruit, veggies, lawn clippings) in it and it composts (gets rotten and turns to healthy dirt/fertilizer), then we will use it for flower beds and my mini gardens. The tricky thing is, you are supposed to put a certain percentage of this and a certain percentage of that in it. Hopefully I can pull it off. Wish me luck!

Regina said...

Oh, yeah well I've got a yard waste recycling bin from the city now! You can never out green me! Mwahhahahaha! Come to think of it, maybe being green could be turned into a contest like that Big Give thing.