I've been taking lots of pictures lately, and quite frankly, as it turns out it is way faster to load the pics onto Facebook than it is to load them here. So you all get neglected, sorry for your luck, but that's just the way the world is nowadays. You gotta go with it and use the tools that work best for you. So, if you aren't on Facebook yet, may recommend you do that? Alright, take that as a recommendation....just do it already.
Alright now a short update.
On Thursday I went over to Hoopes (in Sandy) to have my eyes checked to see if I was a good Lasik candidate. Turns out....I was. The lady said my "eyes are perfect!"...yeah, now if only they could see. When I decided to do the financing through them...they scheduled me for Monday...HOLY SHIT!!! That was FAST!
Friday was Cobby's last day working in Park City. He sure had a good time working up there, but the drive wasn't fabulous. And winter is coming, on Monday he started working back with Daniel at Best Custom Cabinets. Yay for my man. It was also BNO for me and a few of my friends. Had a great dinner at Z Tejas and some margarita's of course.
Saturday was the usual...Cheer for Carli. I had to hit the grocery store while she was dancing, mostly because I had to pick up a prescription before going into eye surgery on Monday. Then that afternoon we did family pics. Glad that was over. Then we followed that up with a lovely dinner with some of our friends. More margarita's - YAY!
Sunday was our relaxing day. CHORES...CHORES...CHORES! ICK! Laundry, cleaning, vacuuming. Although while Cobby was out mowing the lawn, he called on his cell phone and said to grab the kid. He'd found a snake. So we go running out there. I was a little concerned because he is a PANSY when it comes to snakes. Thank goodness this one was no bigger than an earth worm, if it had been he would have peed his pants, then mowed it over and continued to mow in his pee pants. But it was just a baby, so after Carli and I held it for awhile, we turned it loose in the back yard by the canal. Hopefully he'll grow big and strong so next year he can eat lots of the terrible bugs that eat my garden...and then crawl across the grass when Cobby is back there barefooted (as if that happens) so he pees his pants. Cobby has pee pants, Cobby has pee pants.
Then before you know it we were to Monday. Cobby's new job and I was so excited for my eye surgery (thanks to Kimmy B for driving me), that although I wasn't going to take the Valium...I decided it was a good idea to since I couldn't sit still. Once I was in the laser room, I still couldn't sit still. They had some lovely 80's music on and I couldn't help but want to just shake it...right then and there. And, although I tried to get them to laser the zits on my forehead they said it was a bad idea so I held still for a whole 20 seconds while they zapped my corneas. As I was leaving the office, I could see all the way across the freeway, I could see buildings...I could see the windows on the buildings....I could see the Coca-Cola truck cruisin down the freeway. I could see leaves on the trees. IT WAS CRAZY!!!! I'm sure the ladies in the office thought I was CRAZY. I went home and rested a while until our friend Colbie dropped Carli off. She was really concerned about the surgery and I'll tell you what, the look she had on her face when she walked in and was looking at my eyes like she was waiting for them to pop right out of my head. It was hilarious. Although I had Colbie stop in her class room and tell her that everything was fine, she had to make sure herself. She quickly pointed that "Momma, you got blood!", Colbie backed her up on that one. Turns out the suction cup gave my eye a cute little hickey. Wouldn't you know it, my eye gets lucky. Kimmy took all sorts of pics, that as soon as I get them I'll post them. Why would I do that, you say...well because I have no one to impress. I've already tricked Cobby...he's so stuck. Until then, you'll have to settle for this one...I have to wear these to bed so I don't wrinkly my cornea before the 'flap' heals.
On Tuesday I went in for my day after check up (thanks Denise for driving) and they said I am 20/20...all that from a 20/400. It is NUTS.....NUTS I TELL YOU! Then I took Carli to the orthodontist to start her treatments. She got spacers. They took all sorts of pictures of her cute little face and made her stretch her mouth in all sorts of funky shapes and forms..I did get this one pic.
Now, bring on next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment