Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Choose a title: Vote today!! or Pool?

So this morning I turned on the TV to find out what time the polls open. Carli asked why I was going to the pool. I explained I wasn't going to the pool, but to the poll to vote for president. She thought for a second and explained to me that she thought I should vote for President Lincoln. I chuckled and said that I am going to vote for a new President. When she insisted that she thought President Lincoln was the right choice I had to explain to her that I was voting for a NEW president, so I think he should be alive....which means President Lincoln doesn't qualify. Seconds later on the news, they were discussing the President of the LDS church. She got excited for just a minute and said there was already a new president. I told her that he was the new president of the church, not the country. She was confused for a second and then it hit ME. A new president of the LDS church, practically means a new president....in Utah anyway.


And now that I have already voted, I am starting to second guess myself. Perhaps I should start my candidate research all over again. President Lincoln may very well be a good choice.


In any case, Happy Early Brithday Presidents Lincoln and Washington.


If you haven't voted yet, maybe you would find this website interesting. www.votehelp.org

1 comment:

Katie said...

Even though it's over, I exercised my right to vote. And I didn't second guess my vote.