This weekend our family passed a milestone. My parents (dad and stepmom) celebrated their 19th wedding anniversary. Now, keep in mind they were 'shackin up' before they ever got married, so 19 is really just a part way mark. They should get credit for all of the years before that too as far as I'm concerned. In fact, other than their parents, this is the longest marriage I have known two people to be in. Now, if you can just make it across the U.S. and back in an RV, the rest of it should be a cake walk.
Our family has been through many changes in those several years, kids moving in, kids showing up, kids moving out, kids having kids and kids and kids and kids. Between the two of them, it was almost like a real life Brady Bunch, only there was no maid, no theme song and there definitely wasn't a happy ending every 30 minutes - (ooh, sick) as far as us kids went anyway. There were however, 6 kids. Yep, 3 girls (only one with hair of gold, she was the youngest, not so many curls - unless it was planned) and 3 boys, which meant no one was hardly ever alone. We probably could have learned a thing or two from the Brady's though. Like when taking family portraits, take one separate picture of each person and put them together so it looks like a puzzle. Then at least you get all of those happy faces instead of someone looking the wrong direction or smiling so big there is a double chin (or triple, who's counting anyway). And, if there was a maid, she should hook up with the butcher at Stan's.
The new doors you are getting for the basement would have served you well so many years ago- unless children were fighting, which I don't ever remember doing.
So, from all of us:
Wendy, Jeff, Rand and Mariah
Robby, Melissa, Gabby and Hayden
Seth, Christina, Cole, Ty and Jeffrey
Janice, Cobby and Carli
Travis, Clarissa, Hunter, Cassidy, Porter, Morgan and Mason
and Brooke, Layne and Carson
Parents, We love you and Congratulations!!
1985 
4 comments:
Congratulations to your dad and step-mom! I agree that they should totally get "credit" for the years before the actual marriage.
My paternal grandparents have been married almost 60 years and still going strong...I hope I'm that lucky.
That's such a sweet post! I love it.
Congrats to your parents on a long and happy marriage!
I love it. That is a great picture of them in 1985.
I got it from Grandma, probably a hundred years ago. Thank god she always wrote dates on everything.
Post a Comment