Sunday, April 13, 2008

Confession

I totally lied. There you have it. I was given a number/web address this past weekend to the University of Chicago. They have a Celiac Disease Center and if you:
  • call and request one
  • have been diagnosed in the last 3 mos
  • were diagnosed through a biopsy
They will send you a care package. The friend of a friend that I heard this from said hers was worth about $150. So, I lied (do you know how long $150 in groceries will last me? I hope they are mostly dairy free too!). I called and requested one (true), told them I had been diagnosed by biopsy (truth) in February (BIG FAT LIE). They didn't ask for any paperwork or proof or anything, they KNOW people will call and lie to them (they are at the University for gods sake, they have to be kind of smart, I mean it isn't Loyola by any means but it does have University in the name, right?). So anyway, now I wait for free stuff. Of course the lady did mention they run the program off of donations and they will include an envelope so I can make a donation. I wonder how much $150 is really worth. Now, we all know I will feel guilty if I don't make some kind of donation, and that I will probably put it off for so long that I actually lose the envelope. Anyway I can't wait to see what I will get. I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Regina said...

I think the University of Chicago is quite a prestigious college and I believe they're heavy on science, so they probably are smart. :)

Anonymous said...

I added that one for you Gene ;)

Katie said...

I hope you get something good for your lie. ;-)