Usually short Fridays are a pain the butt, because who really wants a different schedule one day of the week? But, to celebrate Jefferson's birthday it was a regular day of school. Yes, for Kindergarten, that means 3 hours instead of 2. Since I volunteer on Fridays, that meant 3 hours instead of 2. I can honestly tell you..... I don't know how teachers do it. It is only 2 hours a week and boy oh boy, am I glad I get to go home with only one. Props to teachers and especially props to our Kindergarten Teacher Mrs. Hansen. She is the best. But, to celebrate the birthday, they had a bounce house and a giant slide. Here you see Mrs. Hansen going down the slide with a couple of the kids at school (neither from Carli's class).
The older kids also got an assembly, that seemed to be an awards assembly when we peeked in. And the special guest? None other than THE Thomas Jefferson! We saw him, and Carli quickly pointed out that he wasn't Thomas Jefferson. Because 1)Thomas Jefferson was in heaven and of course 2) That man is wearing a wig. After chuckling and acknowledging she was correct in both cases I informed her that all of the gentlemen used to wear wigs like that. We ran into him at the office on the way out and alla kazaam! Here you go. And even if she knew he was a phony, she still wanted her picture taken with him. Cute huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment