Carli had told me a story a few months ago about how her daddy will let her hang on to the garage door when he opens it. Then she goes up with the door. I laughed it off thinking "even your daddy, isn't so careless with your life and so daring with the $50 co pay for the next visit to the Instacare".
Then we left for the fair the other day and, as usual, I was sitting in the car waiting for the genetically disposed persons to lollygag. I see the garage door shut, but I'm still in the drive way, a little confused. Then it stops. Then Carli appears. Then the garage door starts to go up...and so does she. And right there, in the drive way, in front of the whole entire neighborhood, I feel my heart start to race, by breathe getting shallow and as I start to get out of the car I loudly tell myself to just be still for one moment. Save the energy for when she falls to a crumply pile in the drive way and instead of using that $50 to go to the fair, ride the slide a couple times and everyone except mom gets to have one greasy disgusting fair food that tastes so good, we'll just hand it to the Instacare lady. Nope, save the money and the energy. I'll need that energy to stay calm...so sit, just sit. And then, the moment came when she was several feet off the ground...she let go.
And just like those cute little chinese gymnasts that we saw only a few weeks ago, my 6 year old person (who isn't chinese, but is about the same age) landed on two feet, a solid dismount if I may say so myself, with her hands in the air and a HUGE smile on her face. And she walks over to the car, looks at me with her adoring big eyes and says "See mom, I told you dad lets me do that!". Followed by her smiling dad, who let's her do that.
And this morning, while I'm looking for the next hurricane (of which I found none), my phone rings. Dad makes an announcement...she made it all the way to the top. To which I say, "That's not safe Babe. You need to not let her do that AND we should get it on video."
4 comments:
I would FLIP OUT if that were my kid/husband. Glad she hasn't been hurt.
I could totally see Jeff doing something like this when we have kids.
I could see my dad doing this with my little sisters, but they are too wimpy. Guy might to that too if we had a garage.
They don't listen. So I agree save your breath.
Post a Comment