Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New potatoe recipe

I tried a new recipe tonight...I used to have 'funeral potatoes' all the time. Clearly anything chuck full of cheese and cream of anything soup is bad news. I have used several recipes from this site the Scalloped Potatoes were a nice change from french fries and I even couldn't help myself from having more than one spoonful. Of course I used rice flour instead of 'all purpose flour' and I found a new butter substitute (Nucoa) instead of what I had been using. Turns out it is MUCHO CHEAPER, and when I melt it for my popcorn, it doesn't separate into 'stuff and water'.

4 comments:

Anjie said...

This looks really good, and not hard to convert to gluten-free. I may try it as is and see how the fam likes it!

Sun Tea for Sinners said...

Stuff and water, sounds pretty dis-cuss-tin, as Seth would say. I teach him the good words! How much work is it to be glutten free? I think I'd just be lazy and deal with the pain.

Katie said...

My question is did you mean to put the "e" on potato or was a it an actual misspelling former VP Quayle?

Janice said...

OMG!!! I'm a Repub?
Honestly Katie it was a mistake..But I looked at it cause it looked weird and thought I shouldn't second guess myself so much. But then spell checked it and it didn't say "WRONG SUCKA", so there you have it. SHIT!
PS I always have to say the i before e rule to myself too... I guess sometimes, that's just how it is.