Alright..I am giving credit where credit is due. This doesn't happen very often, so since it did...I gotta tell ya... He was right. I know, I can hardly believe it either, but there you have it.
Let's start at the beginning, shall we?
A few weeks ago he actually finished (almost) one of the projects we started a couple of years ago. He completed our handrail and the hardwood flooring on the stairs. Yep, the deadly stairs he fell down/off of/onto whatever you want to call it...and he broke his ribs. Yep it was rough. And now. It's done. Finished. Shiny. Pretty. Done. I love it. The day he finished it he specifically said "Those stairs are slippery, if you are wearing socks, you need to be really careful". With a roll of my eyes and socks on my feet I said "DUH! Do you think we are boys/men? We'll be fine...oh, but thanks for the heads up."
Now let's skip forward to Friday, my birthday, a wonderful day it was. I spent a few hours at work that morning, picked up Carli at school and intended to enjoy some Momma Juice. It was a great plan. While I was enjoying a nice beverage I went downstairs to scan some more pictures to post on Facebook. I had to run upstairs for a second and that's just what I did. I Ran...up 4 stairs...I caught that fourth stair just right...not sure how, but just right. That's what matters. Then what?!?! Oh yeah, then I took the quick way down. You know, the fast bouncing off other stairs... slipping on the stairs...twisting ankles...making artistic colors on my skin kind of getting to the bottom of the stairs. Yep, it wasn't exactly the trip I had hoped for my birthday, but it's the one I got.
I really prefer when he is wrong. It's what I'm used to and it doesn't usually make my foot and ankle swell.
3 comments:
I hate it when that happens. Happy late Birthday!
Damn! That's no way to celebrate, Jan!
I fell down the stairs once. I was heading down to the basement and just misplaced my foot on the very edge and it slipped and then slipped again on the next step, then again and again until I was half-way down and managed to catch the handrail. As I lay there in pain, Bob came around the corner and said, "What are you doing? And why are you laying on your back?" Uh, I thought I'd get a view of the ceiling from this angle you dork. Men.
Dang it! Not a good way to have to admit men can be right sometimes.
BUT at least a project got finished!
Post a Comment