Sunday, day 3. Carli had been asking for days if we could go to the beach. You know, being in California and all. Even though we told her it was too cold to be at the beach, and the water would be freezing and she wouldn't have any sand toys to play with. She insisted. And it was the least we could do. So I blogged that morning and was in no rush to wake the sleeping beasts. When Carli woke up, I was just finishing my blog and she declared she had a dreamt that "Bob was putting on lipstick"
me: Bob?
me: Bob?
her: Yes, your friend Bob, you know that you work with.
And although I mentioned it already in my last one. Bob in lipstick was worth it twice. HA!
So we got ready and went to the beach. Good thing for us Cobby had looked at one of those silly maps in the hotel book and knew which roads to drive on. He had mentioned several times that he wanted to stop at the famous In-N-Out to see what the hoorah is about. I researched and found I could eat the fries and could order an extra pain in the butt burger and probably be safe. So we did, and took it to the beach (but we ate the fries on the way....no breakfast= hungry). We both agreed...INO is NBD, we just don't get it. Carli collected sea shells (at least INO was good for something, we did need that bag), we rolled up her pants and she played "Water tag and Wave tag", she invited us to play too, but I am the official family photog so Cobby happily played. We wrapped that up shortly after so we could head back to Disneyland and meet Tink and her friends.
We drove around for awhile on the Pacific Coast Highway and looked around a bit, then off to Disneyland we went. Cobby had expressed the need for a beer and as I rolled my eyes at him, told him he could wait awhile and be fine, let's go get the fairy fix. We got into the park and the wait to see fairies was 60 minutes. So I looked at Cobby and asked him how that beer was sounding now. He took the exit call to stage left and Carli and I saw the fairies. The line was shorter than 60 minutes. And when we got to the fairy, it was fairy shift change so Carli was lucky enough to see 2 fairies (plus Tink).
We also ran into Cruella and The Fairy Godmother. Rode a couple more rides, including Pirates and the Haunted Mansion (Carli was not a fan of either one). Enjoyed a giant Turkey leg (they were on the 4 pages of gluten free food that Disneyland provided to me). And then we pretty much called it good to go, so we went home and packed up to head home on Monday. We went to Outback for dinner, and decided next time we go, we'll stay at the Crowne Plaza which was right by several restaurants. That was nice, not a big fan of the margarita's with agave nectar (too sweet).
The next morning it was pouring down the rain like crazy. Glad we were done with the park experience, but mostly because my head was KILLING ME (I think the storm made my head explode...or want to). When we got to Long Beach AP, the power was out. Hopefully they do have a generator...which is why there weren't little plane parts falling from the sky. But they were celebrating their 85th year (Happy Birthday to you). When the power came back on, it was already later than our 10 o'clock flight. As they hurried to get everyone checked in, I heard someone from behind the counter say the conveyor belt that takes the checked luggage through the x-rayer machine isn't working yet. I knew then we wouldn't be seeing our luggage when we got off the plane. I was right. They delivered our suitcase at 615 the next morning...as I was walking out the door...to go to work...with no makeup. Too bad for my luck.
I'll put some pics in a slideshow on a different day...until then May all your wishes come true.
3 comments:
Bob in lipstick is definitely worth a second mention!
Since having Five Guys Burgers and Fries, they kick the ass out of INO Burger. I think the big deal with INO is that they don't have them here...but I've heard they are building one. But I'll still pick 5G any day!
Glad you had a wonderful trip.
So I think that since you are already talking about going back. The three of us should go with you :)
Oh Brookie, we had so much fun we are done for about 4 years. The issue with this age is they are really too big to be in a stroller, but their little legs get so tired.
Post a Comment