Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tonights dinner...mmm pork!

Sorry to those readers of mine who don't eat barnyard animals...but tonight for dinner, we are having 'the other white meat', which is different from 'the other pink meat', cause it's white.

Last night I took some chops (the Costco kind...used a coupon! Yay me!) out of the freezer. I rarely remember to think that far ahead...YAY ME!

So, since Cobby actually worked today and it was a regular shift day for me, I had some time to look up some recipes. Didn't find any that I loved. But quite frankly, I want as few clicks as possible, with all the ingredients in house and super fast and easy. Problem? Hmm. Whatever.
So, I settled for the potatoes (previously mentioned) with the pork slapped on top. Then I realized I was out of butter. I ran out to the garage to make sure I wasn't hoarding any and NOPE! But...I did find some MOMMA JUICE! YAY ME!

SO...quick to it. If found some rice medley that I probably bought from Costco too, cause it's big. Decided to warm it up a little bit with some mushrooms and onions that were diced, added some water and let it cook for awhile until the rice was soft. Note to self: Next time cook onions first so they soften more.Umm, I also seasoned with garlic and salt and the chops were seasoned with Lawry's (GF!) and garlic. I know it looks like mush, but it soaks up.Since they are Costco chops (nice and thick), I sliced a little pocket in the chops, filled it with rice and blammo. There you have it. They are in the oven right now with foil covering for half hour, then another half hour without the foil (Sorry, no photo). Can't tell you how they taste, but quite frankly, I'm sure they will be marvelous and 1/3 of the people in my household will just love it. The other 2 can have Spagettios.
Once all that was wrapped up, I decided to have a glass of Momma Juice (unusual for a school night), I was getting some ice out of the inside of the house freezer (makes you drink less momma juice if you fill the glass with ice)...Guess what I found....BUTTER! GRRRR/HAHA!









2 comments:

Katie said...

You'll have to comment on how they turned out. And bummer about the butter. Grrr!!

Janice said...

MMM, they were good. Nice and tender too. One more tip for the home viewer. When using your toaster oven to cook pork chops, make sure you change the other dial to 'bake'...otherwise you might be 30 minutes in and your pork is still pink! And that is no good.