Quick day one review. I had written it Friday night but it wasn't posting and I had been unable to get on since then. So here you go.
Alright, after breakfast (which was mediocre at best) we headed out to Disneyland. Carli still had no idea. She thought we were dropping me off at a work and her and daddy were going to the mall so she could spend the monies that Grandma Christy and Grandma Dee sent for her birthday.
We were pretty lucky, it didn't start raining until a little after 1 o'clock. And by then it was way past lunch time (But we did have popcorn...YAY!!!). It was clearly too long to wait for a meal. Because Carli had already started to have a meltdown. The only recourse we had was to leave the park, which left my gut vulnerable. After walking around Downtown trying to find a place that we trusted for me, and had a grilled cheese for her, we ended up at Rainforest Cafe. By the time we were done, it was 340, which left a whole 2 hours before we were supposed to be at Goofy's kitchen for dinner. Yeah, yeah. Whatever. But this time it was pooring down the rain so we zipped over to the Monorail and when they kicked us out in Tomorrowland we went to Innovations (Innoventions?). Carli found a lovely little coffee table with Pixie Dust in it. It traces what you draw with your fingers. We need one. It also turned to a little river with river rocks. It was great. Carli loved it. We walked over to the hotel where we had reservations for Goofy's kitchen. Cobby was not looking forward to this, he was already less than impressed with Breakfast at the hotel and the Rainforest Cafe...and buffets aren't usually anything great. As we walked in, we met and photographed with Max (Goofy's son for those of you who aren't Disney addicts). We also got to meet Goofy, Chip, Dale, Minnie (again), and Pluto and Mulan zipped by us. All in all, it was barely worth the money. Carli had a great time. Our reservation had a note that we needed meet with the Chef. Honestly he came out and I thought to myself "Am I in a Doogie Houser remake or what?!?!". But he was lovely, very accomodating. He walked me through the whole bufet, told me that almost everything had gluten or was already contaminated (He actually understood). Then he offered to make me a piece of meat (I chose grilled chicken) and then said he would make me some veggies and noodles to go with it. He later delivered them straight to the table. He even had some cookies and brownies for dessert (I know, I almost freaked out too). Anyway, if you ever decide to go to Dland. Jason Aviles was the chef, although he didn't have a 'where he is from' on his name tag like most cast members, I was pretty sure he was from the East Coast. He was loud, short, abrupt and gave me just what I needed. I love him.
Tomorrow we are having breakfast with the Princesses and doing California Adventures. There is much more to cover at Disneyland too, but we were POOPED!!!
Love us,
xoxo
1 comment:
Loved the video!
Post a Comment