Alright, it's not a total secret. It's just a secret from the Queen. Her birthday is next weekend and for her birthday we planned a surprise quick trip. We are taking her Disneyland...and...it's a secret (that's the secret part). We planned this trip months ago -well before the scare of Cobby not working came down...and then dissipated (Shoo, that was a close one).
The plan is that we will pick her up at school on Thursday and then go straight to the airport. Friday morning (her birthday) we will go to the park and spend the day there before we go have dinner that evening with Goofy and his friends.
Carli and I had taken several girl trips before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. As a matter of fact our last trip was the month I was diagnosed when we went to Hawaii. And then of course we have taken several family trips as well. But the travel has been low since being diagnosed because, quite frankly, it's a pain in the ass. But whatever, I'm sick of it. WE (The WHOLE 3 member family) are going on this trip. Not to worry, I made reservations at 2 places, and they are really good about that. I'll check into some other stuff too. But it's only 3 days...Lay's and Ruffles will provide nutrition until we are back. :)
It has been hideous to keep this secret. I'm so excited. It's especially hard to keep the secret when Carli wonders why none of her friends can be invited to her party this year. Cobby almost spilled the beans last week when we were invited to a friends property for the first time this camping season. But he made a good cover..We are going out of town, cause momma has to work...out of town...so we are all going...together...for her birthday. They apparently spoke about it today on the way to school as well. She mentioned it in the car today on the way home. She doesn't want to go on a plane, she doesn't want to go to work with momma, she doesn't want to be away for the weekend...and besides that I promised her that since her friends can't come to her birthday that it would be fun. I told her it was still my promise.
I'm soooo excited. I'm sure it will be fine once we get there. It doesn't hurt that I read an article in the Trib this week about the newly refurbished Its a Small World ride. We also haven't been since they refurbed the Pirates ride. Do you think they will have any Valentine stuff going on?
Ohhh yeah...SHHHHH! DON'T TELL! (She doesn't read the blog yet - shwoo!)
2 comments:
Oh, what an exciting birthday surprise. My kids would be so excited. The new pirates ride is fun. Still a lot of the old stuff, with Johnny Depp and friends thrown in for good measure. But they were working on Small World when we were there, so you'll have to let me know how it is.
Tell Carli that we all said Happy Birthday!
You are an awesome Momma!(Well, I guess Cobby is an awesome dad too, since he is involved) She is gonna love it, and remember it forever. Happy Brithday to Carli, and enjoy your trip. (I'm jealous, very jealous).
Post a Comment