Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Birdies and voodoo

Our first camping trip of the year happened this past weekend. It was great. I always love to go out and just be. If I could only tell you all the things from the weekend, but we all have bigger things. So, I will first answer all the questions.

Yes, we had fun. It's always great to go out with family and friends, and we had some of both.

It was nice weather, mostly. A bit cold on Friday because of wind. But the sun wouldn't stop shining. Saturday was warmer and of course, 'pack up day' Sunday was the nicest. That's how it goes.

The Easter Bunny found us, Carli got an outfit and a Leapster Game and about 5 pieces of candy.

So two points of interest this weekend are as follows, not in any particular order (well, other than time sequence).

I was in the trailer on Friday and I hear Clarissa (SIL) say something along the lines of - Oh gross, put that down and wash your hands. To which she received the reply of - I have to show my momma. Alright, but then go wash your hands. I start to walk out of the trailer and see my delightful animal loving daughter holding a robin by one wing. Yep, there is a reason she can hold it by a wing. You guessed it. My response? "Ohhh maaaaan". "Look momma," she says, "it's a poor birdie".

Me: Yeah, go put that thing behind the trailer, hopefully where the dogs won't find it, and come back here and wash your hands.

Carli: But momma, it's a poor birdie.

Me: Go, please.

Carli: But...

Me: Yes, I know. Now, please go put it down and get back in here to wash.

As she walks away, you can hear her say again "it's a poor birdie". But she did make it back to wash her hands. I reminded her that something has to eat that birdie and that's how it goes and if she's packin it around, nothing will be able to eat it.

~~~~fancy music while we skip ahead to Easter Sunday~~~~~

Carli wakes up and tells me her tummy doesn't feel good. After the same old questions that a mom asks the kid, I get her a spill pan (spill=puke). She finally falls back to sleep, just in time for the rest of the kids to be waking up. Aunt Clarissa to the rescue. She said she has some medicine that will kick a flu on it's butt, natural stuff. Cobby fondly refers to anything like that as voodoo medicine. A few doses of that stuff every 20-30 minutes and she is feeling like a champ. Just long enough, however, to miss the Easter Egg hunt. She is fine, and to my knowledge not scarred for life.
Clarissa and Baby Mason on a four wheeler ride
Hunting for eggs
Carli watching the egg hunt from isolation
Papa hunting for the margarita bandit
Who cares about Horton? Cedar can keep an egg safe too.

Many more pics were posted on the Costco account. If I didn't sen dyou an email and you want to look through all of them, drop me a line.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to know what that "Voodoo" medicine is!!!
Other than the cold nights, about-to-be-dead bird, and the puking.....it makes me want to go camping!! {smile} Soon. Soon.

~Annalyn~

Regina said...

I need the voodoo too!

Camping sounds like fun...with someone else's kids!

We 'camped' with Jory and Joey and that entailed enjoying their camp site, fire, cooler, grill and then sleeping in a great bed at the Holiday Inn Express! Ahhh camping!

Brooke Shreeve said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. Hopefully Carli is feeling better.

Joey C Johnson said...

Regina...now that the boys are getting older I think it's time to Really camp with us. ;)

Either way we enjoy your company!