Sunday, March 2, 2008

New project - again?

As some of you know, a few (I mean several) weeks ago Cobby started - - - wait for it - - yes, another project. He wanted to texture the walls in the entryway and hall. Since we have a bad wall downstairs, he thought he would try it out down there (you know, it's less conspicuous and all). So against my wishes (and fabulous argument) he textured the wall. He was a real go getter this time - he bought the mud. Now, because I can't remember exactly about that weekend, we'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that day he textured the wall. It has to dry (it is dry walling mud after all). So, the next weekend he sands it down a bit. Followed of course by the primer paint. That has to dry though. So the next weekend (this was Carli's birthday weekend, I remember, because we disagreed how much effort was going to be put into it), he painted the wall......yellow! Nope, not that hideous "what were you thinking buying a car that color", yellow. Think just a little lighter than that. "Don't worry Jan, when we put the glaze on it it will darken up quite a bit and look better." Now, count the weeks.....nope more, and don't stop, there you have it. Today he decided to add the glaze. Of course Carli had to help. Put a long t-shirt on the kid and off they go. I hear rumblings about how "your mom doesn't want anything to do with this painting stuff", just to fill time I'm sure. So I decide to take a look. With the camera of course. This "look better color", reminds me of baby poop. Yep, poop. But don't worry, we can.......

I have attached a picture of how the wall was last time I saw it.
The only thing that has changed, is there are no longer any people in front of it. Weird. People think that I exaggerate, so I just want to explain to you, the unfinished projects we currently have in 'progress' at our home.
  1. The entertainment center. Yes, this project had been going since long before we even moved into the house. If you point out it is unfinished the quick answer is "I cut the molding wrong and...blah blah blah".
  2. The french doors between the sunroom and the kitchen. Yes, he finally put the molding up, but the little plastic hole fillers are no where to be found.
  3. The hard wood floors. Note: we bought the wood with our taxes 2 YEARS AGO! The excuse? I almost have the stairs done, but when I work in the shop all day (which he doesn't) I don't want to stay and work some more.
  4. The hand railing. Yes, the same hand railing that when he removed them, he fell OFF the top of the stairs, broke a stair - oh yes, and his ribs. Excuse: "I just can't stand paying *.**$ on the hand railing when I can make it myself"
  5. The patio. We had removed the hot tub shortly after we moved in. I wanted nothing to do with it, and was planning on filling it with dirt and making it a planter. He wanted - well, I'm not sure what he wants now, but last year he finally started to cover the massive hole under the gazebo because he was going to turn it into an outside bar. With the keg tap "right here" and rocks here and tall bar stools right here.
Anyway, people totally laugh at me when we have a 'gathering' and I add a disclaimer of no one complaining about my house. Because quite frankly, if my complaining doesn't do the job, and yours did....I'd probably be pissed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hysterical! This is my favorite posting so far - maybe because it hits close to home :-)

Katie said...

Home ownership is one big unending project. But I can see your point that it would be nice if at least one project was actually completed.