So today Carli had her kindergarten field trip...to the zoo. Anybody see the news last night to find out what today was supposed to look like? Yep, us too. But I thought, we can do it. We are real women, no worries. When I went to bed last night I hoped it would rain all night through and be done by this morning. Not so much!! No worries, we'll take our rain jackets and keep warm and we will be fine. I think I forgot about our Christmas trip to DisneyWorld a few years ago. But anyway, we get to kindergarten this morning and we were running a few minutes later than our usual "mom is coming to kindergarten today" day. The room was packed full of kids (almost twice as many as usual since the AM and PM classes were going) and parents - I've never seen so many people in a kindergarten room.
Blah blah blah, we put the kids on the bus and the parents are carpooling up to the zoo. We get to the zoo and it is raining, no big deal, we can hit the inside exhibits and try to keep the kids dry. Mrs. Hansen passes out garbage bags for the kids that weren't sent in rubber or plastic clothes. I have to say, in all the times I've been to the zoo (even on the rainy Halloween when we went trick or treating), I have never taken a route like we took today. Going from building to building really is a different aspect. So we were making our way to the back of the zoo so we could see the Small Animal Building (more commonly known as 'oooh, it stinks in here') when the teacher passes us and says "the dads are whining and want to leave early so let's meet at the pavilion for lunch right now and then head to the buses". Now, I have to say that I wouldn't have complained to Mrs. Hansen about the rainy weather because I wouldn't have thought they would be able to round up 75 kids and whatever number of parents and get them all back on the bus early, secondly...I don't want to be the whiny ass. So, ha ha whiny ass dad's you are whiny asses! At about that time all the parents have pretty much noticed that the pants legs (on adults and children) are soaked...from the bottom, heading up. My question was..."what are we going to do with all these kids when we get back to the school?" Well, they are going home of course....but wait. Those parents who dropped off their children are expecting to pick them up at 2:30. That give us an hour and a half to keep these children out of trouble - or whatever.
What a fun day. Next on the agenda? Kindergarten graduation tomorrow. Now, if only the kid who went to bed worried about throwing up on Princess because she didn't feel good, and then requested her 'spill pan' can make it through the night and get to graduation...we'll be good to go. I can't believe it, she's graduating kindergarten (look for pics and possibly a video). She's come so far, now when she smarts off she actually knows what she is saying...next year she should be able to do it in Spanish. Hooray for us.
1 comment:
Even I can't believe that fat little baby you gave birth to is already graduating from Kindergarten. How time flies!
Sorry to hear that the rain put a damper on the trip to the zoo. But leave it to the men to complain about it. That's because moms are tough!
Post a Comment