Monday, June 16, 2008

Where does the time go?

Alright, as most of you may know by now. Our laptop has been down....for more than a week. Here's the kicker, we plan on calling Dell the other day to have them help us fix it...and guess what? They call us - well, me. They call me, to tell me (now get this), that our warranty is up and we can purchase a new one for 159$. Good timing asshole. So, did you program this date into the computer limp...well never mind. I'm sure it's not his fault. Anyway, I forget how convenient a laptop is. Actually, before the laptop I don't think we came all the way down in this basement, waited for the computer to boot up, stayed down here in the cold and even checked our email more than say...oh, I don't know.....twice a month? Ooooh, memories.

Anyway, funny stuff that has happened since before and after...

Carli and I made a Sunday trip to the zoo (nope, the Sunday BEFORE Father's Day). And guess who was awake? The sloth. She was scratching - her butt. I swear I took a picture (Now posted).


Then we went back to the zoo on Wednesday night for member's night. With co-workers and their kids. I'll tell you what, that kid was safer in his wheelchair with me at the zoo than with his dad at the Village Inn (can you believe people even still go there?). And the sloth was awake again. It was great, this time she was scratching here....side area (no picture).

Friday we had a gathering at our house as a going away party for a friend of mine from the zoo. She's tired of the whole away from family, working hard and only having lamo mo boys to date. Shuh...she's so picky. :) We love you Joanie and will miss you everyday (I hope you got your picture).

Saturday was a get better day. I was running pretty slow. Sunday was a day to find the kid a swim suit that doesn't show off everything god gave her. She was lazy (or so I thought) and just wanted to stay in the house and watch TV. It was such a great day, I told her to get with it....let's go. While we were out however I remembered that we needed a new thermometer (ours didn't work last time). After the second stop when I lifted her out of the buggy (that's right, everything is a buggy), I brushed her forehead and thought...Holy shit child, you shouldn't be running all over town - let's get you home to bed. And then we tried out the new thermometer, damn right she shouldn't be running around town. I don't even know what her dad was thinking (no, really just believe me). So, I took her home (not before we were successful with a less hoochyish swim suit however). Anyhow, she woke up in the night and was still HOT HOT HOT. So I stayed home with her. When she was waking up around the bright old hour of 9ish, her fever was dropping (dramatically), but her "belly feels like I'm gonna spill momma" (that's pukin in Carli talk). So we get out the spill pan, she falls asleep around 1100, wakes up around 130 and is bouncin off walls by quarter after 2. How do they bounce back so well? And it's too bad really, I have an idea that Daddy will be down for the count for the next 2 days (he tried to play all tough and go to work today so his buddies didn't think he was a big, pink....well, you get the idea). Anyway, double dose of Nyquil and NightTime Theraflu never did anyone any harm, right?

And so you don't think I never give credit where credit is due...I didn't forget Father's Day. But in the spirit of write it down....Happy Father's Day to the best dad in the world (Papa Carlos as he is more commonly called in our house). And although I won't ever stop giving him a rash of shit, props to my baby daddy too (not bad guy for second in the running).

Oh, and for all you Parking Wars Whores...you'll get yours.

4 comments:

Brooke Shreeve said...

I only thought the employee investigations I work on at work use the word Baby Daddy. Who would of thought... Ha HA.

Sun Tea for Sinners said...

Parking Wars Whores???

Janice said...

Kim, it's a game on Facebook. Crazy, but true. Katie will be doing it soon, I'm sure of it. ;)

Katie said...

Jan, no one has sent me an invite to Parking War Whores. :-(