Sunday - We took our darling angel fishing for the secondish time. The firstish time was a looooong time ago and we really just hooked her Tigger fishing pole up to the bright yellow 'plug' and let her toss it around a few times, which turns out broke the whatever in the this-a-majig which of course, in case you didn't know, ties the whatzit in a knot. But this time, daddy bought her a new fishing pole. Get this...a Barbie fishing pole. Oh, the excitement. So we head out to a local fishing hole in Murray and it was packed so we drive out to Harryman, there are a couple of places out there we can try. So, we get there, get the truck unloaded and Cobby went to park the truck across the street. Then he drives back - but WHY? "I forgot the tackle box" he says. Turns out he was not even kidding. So I tell him to run over to the WalMart to get what we need. How much could it be really? Some hooks and smelly play dough looking stuff? Yep...and forty five minutes later (and watching 8 or 9 fish later) you hear him chugging up the road. Just long enough for us to cast out a few lines and Cobby's phone rings....it's the groomers, Dallas is ready to come home. Carli has already lost her hook on a vicious rock fish so we are just going to real the other poles in. Cobby starts reeling his in and what do you know, he has a teensy weensy fish. He calls for Carli to real it in and how happy can she be? I'm not sure which was more exciting: the fact that she reeled one in, or that she got to touch his eyeball and pet his tail before daddy killed him and threw him back in the water (it's not daddy's fault, the sucker swallowed the hook).

Saturday - Average Saturday AM in the Fields-Porter household. Some chores, some errands to run...and some margarita's to drink. Denise came over for dinner and brought her family so we could try to trick them into thinking we are good people so the niece (Hey Tosh!) will stay at our house while we take a cross country tour. I think it may have worked. Although, I can't be certain that Scott (Sup tough guy?) is too fond of our daughters decorating tendencies. But,I think we suckered 'em and they'll be back. And even though I don't iron my drawers and stuff Denise might invite us camping. Let's not forget about fabulous Amber who afforded us a few extra minutes to visit and chat (and drink, who am I kidding?). It was great having them over, and maybe next time they come for dinner, we will eat closer to Denise's dinner time than our weekend dinner time.
As a side note, I wasn't 'choking my kid'. I was, however, trying to cover her mouth from above and behind her. That shrill squeal is comparable to the squeaky nail on the chalkboard sound or the rubbing of the styrofoams that come in every box. Grrrrr!
Friday- It was mostly an average day at Kindergarten. But after that Carli was invited for a play date with a friend. Which was a lifesaver. It gave me the opportunity to run up to the hospital to visit with my friend. His son is doing much better. As a matter of fact, he is hungry and demanding. Practically a real life teenager. If things continue to progress, he will be able to go home middle to end of this week. How great for them all. Still thinking about you buddy. And of course cleaning to prepare for a visit from the queen.
So that was our weekend. How was yours?
2 comments:
We had a great weekend!
Friday evening we went to a end of the year party for the pre-schoolers. The parents of a classmate threw a mini carnival party and the kids had a great time...which mean we had a great time too.
Saturday we did some yard chores and finished what I'm hoping is the last of the 'projects' in the yard this year. Maintenance from here on out. Saturday night we stayed in Park City and I drank margaritas too. Good times.
Sunday, hung loose and made stir fry.
Garrett got Barbi golf clubs this week. She's super excited to use them with her daddy.
Glad to hear J's boy is doing better!
We had a wonderful weekend down south visiting with family and holding a new baby and teeny, tiny puppy. It was great!
Post a Comment