Tuesday, July 22, 2008

And blammo, there she goes...

Good new the dentist called back and asked if we could go in a hour earlier, it works better on their schedule. Surely!

Since the weather was totally crappy today and people drive like expelling circlish shaped things in your hind end, I left a few minutes earlier than planned. And that was a good idea. The whole west side was one puddle (really small lakes, and people just stop in front of them....grrrr) after another.

We show up at the dentist with my cute little girl, she is called back by the fabulous assistant and she looks at Carli and says, you don't need your mom, right? Carli says yes. The assistant says let's give it a try without her, alright? And Carli actually goes with her. And there I sit...like the mom of an older kid getting a cleaning. Does she realize that my little baby is fixin to get her tooth yanked out? Never fear, I'm sure they'll be back for me. And 'they' were....10 minutes later. Only 'they' were followed by a little person, with gauze in her mouth. Can you believe it? When she came back with the assistant, the assistant said she was soooo brave.

So we left.

We had to stop at Costco really fast to return a cooler (that couldn't hold ice for a single day) and figured we would get a couple of things. We ran into someone from work and started to chat. She asked Carli if the shot hurt and Carli looked at her with that blank stare for a minute and then looked at me. I laughed and asked her "Did you even know you got a shot?" That's right, she didn't even know...and now she does - thanks Tosh.

Anyway, she's over it. As a matter of fact she just asked me if her smile is right yet (isn't that funny?). When I asked her if her lip was still numb she said it kind of hurt. I told her it's because she wasn't number anymore. She got really excited, smiled really big, held her arms up in the air and said "I got my smile back!". Isn't she a hoot?

4 comments:

Theresa said...

She is getting so big - I just can't believe it.

Regina said...

Wow, she is super brave. Whatever technique they used on her so she didn't know she was getting a shot needs to be used on me!

Katie said...

That is cute. My kids won't go back without me, although they try to take them back by themselves every visit and the kids just end up upset when they wouldn't have been if I'd just gone. Sometimes, they have to trust that Mom Knows Best.

Janice said...

I added her pic. Also important to know, her abcsess is almost GONE! Already!