Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Where to even start

So here we are...with more than 600 pictures and about 12 videos (short...but 12 nonetheless). I'll try to go in order and hope my computer doesn't start spewing smoke while I try multitasking. I am adding them to Costco as usual, but here are some that you just had to see (they are slowly being added...the desktop is historical old). If I don't generally send you the Costco link and you want it...let me know (cause what else do you have to spend the rest of your life doing?)

Stupid mile marker posts in Misery.



























The best it was going to get about seeing the Arch.

There wasn't really much else to look at on the drive. When we got to West Virginia (by the skin of our teeth mind you, on driving day 2, driving hours 800 kabillion), we were glad to see family. The family reunion went off without a hitch, I even have video of my uncle Jim and his friends singing. Due to popular demand, I will post it soon.



After WV the next stop was Hershey Park. Then OH to visit Cobby's mom. Then WI to see our good friend Joanie. Even though we didn't listen to her and booked an RV park way far away....she drove up to Fon Du Lac to see us. And fortunately for her, she made it home just before the houses started to pitch and we saw the wicked witch fly past our window. Continuing on....we had our S.Dakota drive ahead of us. We stayed at an RV Park in Sioux Falls. It was a Jellystone Park. Way fun, they had the same kind of jumping pillow the WI park had, but they had Yogi Bear speed by in a golf cart too (Yep, Carli is ruined for real camping). On our way to Mount Rushmore we passed this little 1880's town which I couldn't help but go through. It was alright, but that is about it. Mount Rushmore was fun, it took longer than the reported 15 minutes to see, but Carli wanted to be a Jr. Ranger so we had some homework to do. We went through Sturgis on our way to the RV Park in WY. The only regret I think I have is that we waited too long to get Sturgis T-shirts. We just 'kneeewww' that there would be a better deal down the road. But, as it turns out, down the road was nothing...including a better deal. Whatcha gonna do? Get over it. We stopped in Sundance for the night, our campspot was the best so far...nope, no playground or jumpy things. But we were right next to the mountain and we were looking at deer within the hour. The next day we were off to Yellowstone. We had a spot reserved in West Yellowstone, and instead of following the suggested route from Mapquest (up and around the park), we decided to drive through it. I think it took us a little longer to get there, but it was totally worth it. We ended up staying an extra night (turns out the dumb mom does know you can't get through the park in one day....huh, how about that?). Since we decided to stay Saturday night we were able to go to the Grizzly Bear and Wolf Discovery Center, where we paid $2 for Carli to feed the bears. Don't worry people. They removed the bears, turned off the electric fence then opened the gates to let the kids in (video of the bears eating Carli's food will also be available - release date to be determined). That also that meant we were missing Aunt Lori's swim party...but we saw all the bears that day...sorry...totally worth it - until (cue the music - duh, duh duuuuunnnnnn). The ever so expected but wishing wouldn't happen meltdown. That's right. Carli blew a fuse. Since the hotel guests were pulling their curtains to side to look out the window to see the problem, we were certain Johnny Law would be riding up any minute. And to be honest, I felt alright with that. Someone needed a time out. And if that meant I was going to spend some time in a cold cement room with some cowboys that just hijacked someones horse -so be it. But it never happened. She did, however, fall asleep when I was outside venting to my BFF (HEYYYY!)

Alright, that is the trip in a minute (or 8, depends on your level of reading :) ). Once I get all the pics on Costco I will send the link. Until then, look forward to Uncle Jim and friends, co starring MaryJane, Cookie and Aunt Wanda.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love it! Sounds like a great trip (meltdown excluded).