Here we are, Sunday night and I am blogging again. But guess where I'm at...go ahead, I dare you. WRONG!!!! I'm in my bed....blogging in my jammies IN MY BED. That's right, Cobby did it. He fixed it, he called them (whoever them is) and fixed it. Now, if we could just make it look the way it used to...it'll just take time. But until then YAY!!!! COBBY FIXED IT!!!!
We got back from camping today. We were at Mike and Paula's place. We always have fun when we are camping, especially with friends. And Paula and Mike are about the they put the capital B in BFF. Paula was surprised that I was totally excited to go camping, she thought since we had only been home a few days from our US Tour I wouldn't be ready to live in that little trailer for awhile. But that is just wanted I wanted. After all, we are going camping next weekend and we needed another short practice. YAY CAMPING. I didn't take pics, but I think the 130$ that I just paid to Costco to get my last pictures out of hawk was good for awhile.
So, while you'll have to wait to see Carli's video that she shot of the bears eating the food that she planted, before I get a call from the dentist tomorrow I'll quickly tell you about my drama last week.
So several months ago I noticed Carli had this spot on her gums. When we went to the dentist for our last checkup, he told us that it needs to come out but not bad enough for him to pull it today. Keep wiggling it and get it out. You see, her big girl tooth is trying to come out and this little tooth isn't coming out fast enough so it is causing an abscess. So now, that we have had several weeks (including being on the road) the tooth isn't any looser...it's gotta come out. I called the dentist office last week and they closed - for the whole week, but in case of emergency...call....well, since it has been this long, not so much of emergency, right? But I tried to call the Ped. DDS that she saw when she fell and busted her teeth out last time (the one that won't come out is the one that he pushed back in - may or may not be related...but there you have it). Got some info the fabulous office people (who truly couldn't have been more helpful) and called the insurance company, because you have to have a referral. Call #1 I was informed that if the DDS couldn't help Carli in the next 24 hours she would authorize me to see the Ped. DDS so call the emergency number. I did - PROPS to Dr. Carlson. I told him I don't want him coming in on his week off and that they would refer me if he couldn't help in time and Carli did really well at the Peds office. He is the coolest guy ever and said to call them back and tell them he couldn't help until late Thurs. I called the insurance back and the lady #2 is decidedly a #2- after cutting me off several times (truly to the point where I said "look, are you gonna let me talk here or what?") she insisted the rule is 24-48 hrs. I told her to transfer me to the last person I spoke with and she said she couldn't so I told her to transfer me to a supervisor (I hate doing that by the way JUST GIVE ME WHAT I WANT!!!). She transfers me to someone who says that we can't go the Peds office because Carli is 6. If she was less than 6 it would be fine, but she is too old to see a Pediatric Dentist...seriously....WTF? Eventually she authorized me to go to the peds office and they will pay $100 towards a checkup and holding Carli off until the other dentist can see her. I'm pissed but whatever. We go to the dentist the next morning - long enough for that dentist to say..it needs to come out. Trying to figure out how much it's going to cost and if Carli will be able to make it to carnival at daycare that day (which was cancelled by the way). Anyway, we decided to wait until this week, which the dentist said would be fine...just don't be waiting for weekS. We left, I dropped Carli off at school and called the Dentists office back and left a message for them to call me back so Dr. Carlson can take the tooth out. So, now Monday will be the day (hopefully) that we get a call from the dentist saying they can yank out her tooth sometime this week...being a short holiday week, you never can tell. In addition to that, Daddy is going out of town for work this week. We hate that, it throws off our schedule AND puts Carli into fits. GRRRRR!
Anyway, that's it for now. Happy week to all of you.
3 comments:
Good luck with the tooth!
Insurance is such a pain sometimes! I'm sure it will all work out in the end.
I can hardly believe a man called someone for help! I know it's a stereotype, but still.
Hope you get the tooth stuff settled. It seems insurance should be easier than it is, considering how freaking much we pay for it!
Robby will be getting his tonsils out and I hope we don't have any issues with that. Trying to get everything pre-approved and all that crap.
Post a Comment