So do you all know how lucky I am? Some of the best people in the world are my friends. Alright, most of you know - since most of you are my friends...the good ones...the ones I'm lucky to have. Although I hate to single anyone out (for fear they think they deserve special hooorahs!). Thanks to Regina for always being up for a good time and being able to take a good teasing and even give it back. Thanks to Aunt Shonda for always being the hero person and taking the kid, it's one of her favorite places to be. Probably because there are so many kids, and another girl to play dress up with. Sorry about the god argument, I swear it surprises me...probably as much as it surprised you. Paula, the one who I always call...no matter what, you are the best. I know I don't usually get all mushy and shit, but there you have it. I'm plain old lucky!
Enough of that shit. I went to WalMart today. I know, weird. I was as shocked by it as anyone, but it was convenience and blah blah blah. As a matter of fact, I was so discombobulated, I tried to kidnap someone else's child. I know, who would have thought it. Picture this. We get a few things from the store, we are waiting in line to pay. As usual, Carli starts looking around and stuff on those shelves that are there to tempt the littlest of beings. She sits down on the floor. This part I missed. I can see children out of the corner of my eye so all is well, right? So I put my hand on the shoulder of my child and bring her closer. I hear the guy in line behind me say "what are you trying to do?" I think, that poor guy. His kid is probably rifling through stuff and maybe tried to put something in her pocket. Just then, the child that I grabbed moves away from me quickly and goes over to that very man and his wife. I'm in shock...I totally grabbed the wrong child. I start apologizing to the family...totally humiliated as it becomes clear to me...that man was talking to me...he wanted to know why I was trying to steal his kid. Anyway, I was totally embarrassed and of course the nice cash register lady couldn't ring me up fast enough to get the hell out of there. I heard the mother of the child tell her husband "oh, she grabbed the wrong kid". She apparently understood, but there was no way in HELL I was going to make eye contact with man. Nope, I was sceeered!
2 comments:
Way to go kidnap'n kids. Leave that shit for Facebook will ya! I think I would've died of humiliation, too. But it's an honest mistake. Really, I know how easy it is to get distracted at the Wal-Mart check-outs.
Jan, I hope you know we all feel the same about you. You're an wonderful friend! Love ya!
You're so funny Janice! I'm not big on getting mushy myself, but it's nice from time to time. I appreciate our friendship and that you keep coming back for more despite my foot in the mouth moments :)
Post a Comment