Friday, May 30, 2008

Holy Crap!

I've had a couple of "HOLY CRAP" moments the last couple of days. Some of them are clearly more important than others. So, listed here in clearly no particular order.

A friend of mine at work (don't tell him I called him friend...he gets such a big, well nevermind) was out of town, for work, this week. He received a call informing him that his son had been in an accident. It was pretty bad. So, how long was your longest flight? That four hour flight (plus the 1.5 hours it took to get to the major airport and the time waiting at the airport to get on the flight) had to have been the worst ever. His son is still fighting, has had rods put in his leg and pins in his arm. They'll find out later about the skull fracture and how bad it is. Good luck buddy, we are thinking about you always.

Clearly less important, we are having a cookout tomorrow. Yep, simple, small and low key. Just like Cobby likes them. Denise is coming over with her family to have dinner. We are doing fancy stuff like, hamburgers (she is in charge of buns), salad (she is in charge of dressing) and I decided corn on the cob - mmmmmmmmmmmm. We (maybe mostly me, but whatever) are having margarita's. What is better than that? Oh yeah, she is bringing her niece to check out the crib. She is supposed to keep an eye on the place while we are on vacation. Hopefully we don't scare her away, I try not to do that anymore but it takes so much effort. Anyhow, if we can trick her into thinking we are good people and she wants to stay here at the house, that would be good.

Oh, and the margarita's are just a bonus. Especially because I bought some more of that "expensive" mix from the Liquor store today. Turns out when the genius I live with says "It (liquor) is so much cheaper outside of Utah", I think he was trying to scare me into not liking the mix that I got in Flaming Gorge (the NOT Utah side :P). Anyway, I know I said it was expensive and not be complaining about the price of milk, but seriously. It was 23.99 for a half gallon. All that for a good time. Anywho, back to the point. Stopped by the liquor store today. The fab new drink is on sale. That's right "cheap, cheap for you today". 13.99, can you believe it? $10 cheaper for the half gallon than the next state? It's true. Alright, in all honesty, there was a sale sign in front of it too (but so what that is almost by one get one). But even when it's not on sale the price is 16.99. Still substantially lower. WOO HOO!!

And last but not least, guess where my lovely family is....no, really, go ahead. I'll wait....................

WRONG!!! Cobby is in Carli's room watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - the original, not the smoke some crack, put a highly talented actor in fake teeth and make him creepily smile like a pedophile the whole time one. Carli loves that show. And turns out, her lovely dad told her a couple of weeks ago yes when he was asked the all important question of "daddy, when it is a day that I don't have to go to school, will you come in my room and sit on my bed and we can watch a movie together?". So I go in to check on them during the part when they are taking the tour of the Egg Room. Yes, the room where the Quadruple size Golden Geese lay octuple size gold eggs for Easter, and even though Easter is past, don't tell the geese cause they are laying overtime. And if one egg falls and cracks open it will make an omelet fit for a king. And then that horrible Varooka brat falls into the eggdicator and turns out the fabulous Oompaloompas are right, she was a bad egg. Anywho, they are asleep. So cute, if only I had a great camera that was quiet and wouldn't wake them. Ahhh, who am I kidding? I don't care if they wake up. I'm tkaing their picture, even if Cobby's freckly little nipples are showing.... Hey, who said that? By the by, the blanket hanging down is the result of Carli having to clean her room today (If you need to know why, reference paragraph 3). She created a new hiding place. Which by the way, comes in handy when your two favoritest people fall asleep in one bed. Just toss it over the side and blammo - covered.


One last thing, a friend of mine - who can leave a comment if he wishes to reveal himself - took this picture (which I love) when the grand poopah was in town this week. This same friend, will have his perfect pet featured as pet of the month in a local mag next month, probably due to a pic his wife took. Good job guys!
Good night all.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I hope J's kid is doing better.

Hope you had a fun party. You need to share the name/brand of the margarita mix.

That was really sweet of Cobby to watch a movie with the girl in her room on her cute bed. I happen to like both versions of the Chocolate Factory even though they really are completely different. But I'm a big fan of both Gene Wilder and Tim Burton, so it probably makes sense I'd like both of them.

And I LOVE that picture of the street sign. Too damn funny. And so very true.

Sun Tea for Sinners said...

Bush is a douch!! I once saw a picture of a girl wearing a shirt that said, "Democrats are sexy! Whoever heard of a nice piece of elephant?" That sums it up for me.