Monday, August 11, 2008

Are you kidding me? Mid August...for real?

Alright Denise, you ready?

Can you even believe the summer is almost over. We are on a countdown for 1st grade. It's almost ridiculous.

This weekend was busy- as usual. We started out the weekend (really Thursday) with a call from our good friend Crystal. She asked that we take Crash again for the weekend since they are going camping. OF COURSE!!!! Who really gets to have temporary custody of a cute little skunk, and then he just up and leaves. It really is kinda like being the favorite aunt, only this nephew never comes out from under the couch, unless it is dark and super quiet. Like when I woke up at 5 am Friday morning I could here his cute little (not so little) nails tapping across the hardwood floor to get back under the couch before the big bad human caught him wondering the house. Carli always LOVES for him to be here, even though she usually gets to give him one hug while he is on the way out the door. But this visit was a surprise for her....and you should have heard the squeal. You would have thought she was given a private beach with a never ending margarita fountain that bubbles up and is perfectly cool like a giant block of ice is underneath it and never melts. Oh, wait, that might have been my squeal. But whatever. Turns out, she is a freak...like her mother and crazy about animals. And it's a treat to have one in the house.
Friday, the queen wanted to to daycare, they were having a field trip to Peppermint Place and she just "HAD TO GO!!!". I have to say, this time it was really a relief to me this time. I had several things to do and quite frankly, she thinks if she stays home for the day that means she stays home...in front of "Disney Channel number one". So I got most of the things done that I needed to. YEAY!!!

Saturday was a drive to Evanston to see the horse races. We were meeting gobs of family up there and looking forward to seeing them (even though we had only been with them a week ago) and see the horses run. Last year when I took Carli up there to meet Cobby's mom and aunt, Carli picked the best horses..almost every race. And I'm not kidding. She was awesome. But her blahbitty blah was a little off this week. She did however pick a horse on the last race (Aeronotigal gal? - anyway close enough to get the gist of the story). You see, my daughter will pick the horse based on their name, and if it comes down to it...the color of the shirt they wear (I know it's not really a shirt, more like a throw cloth...but whatever). Anyway, while reading the names for the final race, she picked this one "Because it starts with Aero...like Aerosmith mama!". PAULA - it worked....we have her and the look of disappointment on the daddy's face was merely a HUGE FAT BONUS!!! HA HA. On the way home I80 Westbound was closed (we knew this and Cobby had planned ahead - good job daddy, I know planning is not your strong suit). Anyway, we went through Guardsmans Pass, after we stopped at Crystal's camping spot to visit with her and Brandy. Anyway, we have been on Guardsmans before (it has been awhile though), but never with so many cars, truly at 1100 at night it looked like a freeway with all those lights. Unfortunately, the road was also the worst washboard road I have ever seen. Which woke up two sleeping beasts, my baby (who was scared and wanted her mama to sit by her), and my bladder. So when we stopped to change seats..and stuff... and, I'm pretty sure that was the last time my phone (which luckily sent pics of B&C to Facebook to get posted already) would ever be seen again. Let's all take a moment, please....alright that should do.
Sunday was full of shooting pictures for a friend and his family. There are no jokes here...sorry, well, unless you count the weather, that was funny.

We are very excited to go camping again this weekend. It is my family reunion (how many family reunions do you go to in a summer?). Big Rock Candy Mountain, here we come. Miles and miles and miles of ATV trails, days and days with family. It will be one of our last camping trips this season (NO, not THE last, ONE of the last) it will be sad to come home....again. But let's not forget, the next weekend is the holiday weekend and we plan to go out then too....and then there is the a trip to the sand dunes one weekend in September (ummm, Denise, we better talk fast :) ).

So...I need a favor. Our Dentist (who I am really fond of) is no longer playing with our insurance company. Since it is Aetna DMO, I have to have a Primary Care Dentist. If you have this insurance and are fond of your doctor (preferably in the area...and preferably doesn't work 4x10 - that's Cobby's last excuse so I need to get past it) drop his/her name in the comments....And I don't even care if you are blogstalking...share with me your vast pool of knowledge.

Thanks for that...now, off to treat my cat.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm not exactly sure which Aetna plan we're on, but I'd be happy to recommend our dentist. Dr. Broadbent 969-6200 Ask to speak to Debbie, tell her I referred you and she should be able to tell you if he's a preferred doctor.

Sorry about your phone. :-(