We had a great time this last weekend with our family at Big Rock Candy Mountain. I will post pics soon, but I haven't downloaded them yet. And...thankfully my darling sister promised to send me her pics too...since I waited for the last day to break out the camera anyway...did I mention everyone left the day before that?
I got a call from the day care on Tuesday. I saw the number on my phone and I'm pretty sure I said "awww shit!"...and I'm pretty sure it was loud. She only has 4 days left at the Rec Center, are you kidding me? The great thing about this call was...it was dad's fault. He forgot to sign the field trip form so they were calling to have me fax a paper over. The thing is, Becky (from the Rec Center) knew what I was thinking...and the first thing she said was "Janice, we don't have any broken arms, there's no blood we don't need stitches and she has her clothes on". You can't even imagine the relief I was feeling when it was announced she still had clothes on. Anyway, when I went to pick Carli up that afternoon, Becky said that was the funniest call she has ever made. I told her that is the best call I've ever had from there.
We went to Carli's Back to school night tonight. She got to meet her teacher, and THANK THE LORD (if there is one and if not, thank your neighbor) she will be in class with Crysta again!! WOOHOO!!!
On our way home tonight I decided that I need to pull a SuperNanny trick and write down a schedule and post it. Turns out, Carli should have almost 11 hours of sleep to be pumped and ready for school. Well, since I usually wake her when I am almost walking out the door (or when I am walking into the office - depends on who is reading this) that means she should be going to bed at 7 o'clock at night. Pretty sure that AIN'T gonna happen!!! Sorry bout your luck Mrs. Nance. So, the schedule being posted and the marble jar will be back in action. I really hate those marbles (only cause I remember to take them out when she is naughty, but honestly, I forget to add them when she is nice). The theory is a great theory, reward good, charge for bad.
Tonight when Carli was getting ready for bed she came and got me and told me I had to come to the bathroom. She had to show me something (that can't usually be good), but I had to look in the mirror to see it (I know, sounds weird). She is teething...yep, teething. Now don't get so excited, not the front teeth. Her molar is coming in, it is half covered with her gums, but it is a molar. No front teeth, but a mouth full of back teeth. She was sooo excited. I think the look on her face when I told her she was getting a big girl tooth was similar to the look on my face when I win the lottery (oooh oooh, note to self...check numbers).
I got my new phone today. So if you start to randomly receive stuff just chalk it up to a learning curve. And, if I had your phone number, I probably don't anymore send it to me again. Preciate your attention to this matter.
1 comment:
Yeah for Carli NOT having an accident or streaking.
My kids don't get 11 hrs of sleep, but about 10 hrs. Close enough.
Post a Comment