Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Part 1 of 2 for today

Saturday Carli and I went to her first musical. But it was a surprise, for her anyway. Needless to say we had a great week last week - you know, as there was a nice big fat carrot of fun Saturday hanging over head. So we arrive at the Capitol Theatre for HSM (we drove by the way, because even though gas is expensive TRAXX was even more expensive...why would anyone take public trans if it costs more? - It is less convenient you know!). And I tell Carli, that I bet all the other kids we see are going to the same place we are, but my kid is clearly the cutest. As we walk in the building you can see a little set up of lockers and cameras (the kind you can pay ridiculous amounts of money to have your picture taken in front of), then you look in the other direction and they have one of those super fabulous desks with all that high dollar CRAP, Carli sees it and mentions "I like High School Musical", Huh, how about that? We walk past all the banners that say High School Musical and she doesn't really say anything. We are walking to our seats and they hand us the playbill. Carli looks at it and says "look momma, it has High School Musical on it!, I bet there will be part of HSM (even though we are using initials from here on out, she still says the whole word) here today!". We find our seats and sit down and the curtain is a HUGE HSM logo. Carli sees the curtain, her eyes light up, she stands up and says

"MOMMA, IT'S A HSM SHOW!" Her excitement made me sooooo happy. She thought it was a good surprise. However....it turns out she has a problem sitting still for longer than say, oh I don't know....5 minutes. I'm certain the lady sitting next to Carli was about to flip her on the head, she is soooooo wiggly. During intermission we ran to the bathroom (the good thing about isle seats, we were fast to get there....which meant we were at the front of the line). After the potty break, I took a minute to explain she needs to be still. After she explained to me that she didn't have the ability to be still I chuckled, told her to try and left it at that. She did a little bit better during the second part of the show.

When we got home we packed up and off we went for Northern Utah to stay at Papa Dee's house so we could go even more north on Sunday for the Buttars family reunion. We had a great time seeing almost everyone in Cobby's family (Except of course, Grandma Christy and Grandpa Bill - most recently referred to as 'Billy', who we totally missed). And even though they weren't there, Great Grandma's birthday card from Christy and Bill was read, so they did make an appearance.



Today's post will be broken up into 2 different posts....in case you need to rest between them without losing your spot. I'm telling you, it's all about the audience around here.

No comments: