I can't believe I even forgot to include something in my last post. Or, no wait, I wanted it separate so it would stand out. Yeah, that's it.
So on Friday night, I had gone to dinner with some friends of mine from high school. The one friend found me on Facebook and totally freaked me out when I saw her name. Truly, I haven't seen these girls since...well probably the day we graduated. I was a surprise this week, only one of them knew I was coming and it was fabulous to show up at the restaurant and visit with them. They all look great and had plenty of stories to share, plenty of memories, you know the ones you forget an then someone mentions them and they all come flooding back? One of them brought her photo album/scrapbook. I know it has only been 15 years -HOLY SHIT 15? Yep! But they all look great and are in general happy.
So, in honor of my great dinner with those gals and (raise a glass) to many more like it...I challenge you - that's right....YOU! Go to dinner with a girlfriend, or boyfriend, whichever the case may be, past or present friend go to dinner and annoy all those sitting around you while you talk about "remember when we called each other names such as...., do remember *insert name here*, how could I not....and GIGGLING", that's right outright giggling, it's good for the soul.
3 comments:
I still talk with one of my girlfriends from high school. In fact, she's coming to visit us next weekend! And we just found another old friend on Facebook. Love that shit!
Ooooh - that sounds like so much fun!! I'm in touch with a couple of people from H.S. but that's it.
Janice!! We had a blast... huh? It was just like being teenagers again. Can't wait until next month! You look fabulous yourself!!
Post a Comment