So Carli has had this one snaggle tooth. On the bottom, not the two in the middle, but the one next to that. It has been loose for awhile, but is partly because the 'two in the middle', which fell out some time ago (like I think my first videoette), are coming in and are big and were kickin that sucker out. We had an appointment for this Friday for the DDS to remove it, for $30, cause he was going to give her (dun, dun, dun) THE GAS! Which the second part was a good idea...just not fond of the $30 part. Especially since it was loose and she has been working on it for so long. So last night we convinced her she wanted to pull it out while we were watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (LOVE IT). We got her some tooth floss and let her tug on it awhile, but the it kept coming off (and I mean the floss). Cobby later convinced her to twist the tooth, which worked, well good enough to make a bit of blood (see the close inspection of fingers). Then Cobby decided to give her a hand. He offered to twist it for her. She gave in...and let's all take a short trip back to when it was me who pulled out that one tooth and it was HIM who tried to make me feel guilty for taking care of business. LET IT BE KNOWN where the guilt shall stand...ON HIM!!! He 'claims' he didn't want to hurt her so he only just twisted it a little, not enough to get it out...just enough to budge it. Which put her into fits for 45 minutes while I gave her the choice of getting it out now (benefit: IT'S OVER!!) or going to bed and taking care of it tomorrow (today - worry: it will fall out when I'm sleeping and I will swallow it and the tooth fairy won't come - THE HORROR!!). So needless to say, Mom to the rescue. I asked if I could just wiggle it a bit, she let me. When I almost touched it, she screamed in pain. I told her I didn't even touch it yet she let me get closer. I flicked it (no, truly...kinda like an ant or something on your arm)..and it was done. Now the problem isn't over yet. It is now 8:45, no biggy? WRONG!!! Bedtime is at 8:00...for a reason. I told her (several times during the process actually) that it was past her bedtime and we had to get the show on the road. I knew she would be the devil this morning.
Guess what?!?! She totally proved me wrong! At 5:40 this morning I was packing my lunch before I left and I hear her screaming "Momma momma, come here come here momma!". And, I'd like to just reinforce that NO MOMMA likes to hear that sound at 5:40 in the morning. This is awhile before her alarm even goes off. I run in there and she is sitting up in bed and showing me that the toothfairy left her tooth and a dollar. It is very exciting.
This afternoon we got home, she was supposed to be reading so we could go to the gym (that's right Denise...it was a plan). She starting asking me what every other word was and was pretty much sick of me telling her to sound it out. So, it started...the Thursday Morning Meltdown. Only it happened Thursday afternoon. She promptly stomped off to her room after I threatened her with "no gym" and she threatened me with "I won't read the book then" and I shut my door, hoping for another video opportunity. That was at 4. I haven't heard a peep from her since.
What's the problem?...I have to wake the sleeping beast and go feed some very precious never do anything wrong live in someone else's house animals and guess where daddy is...go ahead, guess. Maybe this will help you - I HATE BERNAL!!! And to top it off...I'm still out of momma juice.
3 comments:
I already told Layne that he has to be the bad guy when it is time to pull it out. I will be more scared than Carson and probably freak him out. Layne agreed!!
I know it doesn't hurt to pull a tooth out (when it's ready) but that just looks horrible!
And as for you, Jan, sounds like you really needed that mama juice!!!
I'm such a pussy - there's no way I would have done that when I was a kid. Ugh!
Post a Comment