Tuesday, December 23, 2008

WTH Just happened

I just checked on Carli after she spent considerable time in her room...quietly. Conversation went about as follows:
Her: Did you see me making your birthday present?
Me: I didn't see anything, I just came to check on you.
Her:I think I'm going to give it to you and daddy.
Me: Then maybe it should be a Christmas present.
Her: It IIIISSSS going to be that.
Me:Well, do you want to wrap it then?
Her: Yes. And I know where the wrapping paper is.
Me:Ummm, ok. Here is some tape. Do you need scissors?
Her: No, I have some.

So, when did it happen that she is old enough to create a Christmas present by herself...MUCH LESS WRAP IT ON HER OWN TOO?

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ah, she's all growed up, Mama. :-D

My favorite gifts are the one's my children make for me. ALWAYS!