Yep it is. Christmas is soooo close. Too close. I know it seems to always sneak up on us every year. But this year has been the worst....by far. I started getting Christmas cards this week. That was just but one realization that I've had so far this season that...."I'm soooo not ready!". We started out good. We had the tree up and lights on the day before Thanksgiving. I knew I wouldn't have time the weekend after, as we had plans for the entire weekend. And, well, that's pretty much where it stopped. I've not really 'started' shopping (other than a few things here and there that I bought through the year that were good deals for stockings and stuff). Don't get me wrong, Cobby and I have discussed the major present for Carli this year. But one day last week, he came to realization that is not what we should get her. He thought if we got her 'that' present she wouldn't have enough presents to open. I was mad at first (mostly because I had invested time already), but today I'm over it. I can't even care if we buy anything else (except for one little thing that I can get at the dollar store).
I had scheduled with Cobby and Carli (that's right...I schedule them) to take family pics on Saturday (I thought it was kinda last chance to get cards printed and out). And there was another family meltdown. So I took the dogs to the park and took pics of them. I had fully intended to make a card with just pics of the dogs and send them out...then I just decided -"well, why?". So, I'm not sending cards this year. And I feel good about it.
Anyway, for those of you who generally expect a Christmas card from our family (which usually includes a fabulous family picture)....this is what you get. We are being low maintenance this year and I'm feeling good about it...we hope you enjoy your Christmas.
2 comments:
Very cute, Jan.
Thanks for the Christmas card! I love that you said shit in it. Don't get that too much! :)
Good luck with finishing your shopping!
Post a Comment