Friday, May 23, 2008

Another loose tooth


So yesterday we had a dentist appointment (we = Carli and me). Carli has had this one loose tooth ever since she lost her last one. I didn't think it was a big deal, her last tooth was loose for forever also, at least it seemed that way. Well, this loose tooth is a bit of a problem. Apparently if the little tooth doesn't fall out and the big girl tooth wants to grow out it will abscess. That's right, abscess. Which explains the little blister looking thing in Carli's mouth right above her never ending loose tooth. Yep, they thought about pulling the tooth out (could you imagine? "It's only a check up...blammo, let's yank that sucker out!"). So, they told her she needs to wiggle that tooth everyday, all the time so we can get that tooth out. Apparently when that tooth comes out the abscess will go away. Let's keep our fingers crossed. What did you do this weekend? Tortured my kid by the minute to get her tooth out, is that unusual?

3 comments:

Katie said...

Poor Carli. At least in the end, the Tooth Fairy will come.

I had a baby tooth that seemed to take forever to lose. My parents took me to the dentist, they did x-rays, turns out, there wasn't a permanent tooth to push the baby tooth out. Eventually, the tooth fell out and now I have a bridge in it's place. And now you know one of the MANY reasons I dislike the dentist.

Regina said...

I still have a baby tooth. No permanent tooth behind it and it never fell out. I should get it out and get a bridge, but it seems I'd rather spend my money on funner things. :)

Annalyn said...

Eeeek! Can't the dentist just pull it? Give her some local and yank the sucker? yow!