Friday, May 16, 2008

Nothing is neglected



Alright, just so no one thinks I'm the bitch that I was destined to be, I want to make it clear that Cobby was working on projects this weekend - AND IT'S ONLY FRIDAY. You see this boat? It was full of water. And my man? He tipped it over, so my yard smells like we had a herd of cattle coming through. I asked him if I could rake it up to make it go away or if it would be better if we hosed it down and he said "It'll be gone by tommorrow". The smell that is. The boat? We'll probably fill it up with water a few for 2 more years before it goes anywhere.
And see this? That's him, looking at that piece of wood he just nailed on to our deck. That hole in our deck is from the hot tub that was there when we moved in (6 years ago) that he gave to his crack head friend (5 years ago). See, he does stuff. See him working hard with all those tools in his hand? Heeellllo?!?!, that is a nail gun by his feet you know.
Where am I? Behind the cell phone, taking pictures, of course. He said my ideas were wrong....blammmo, do it yourself. Umm, one suggestion? - Put the beer down and hold the nail gun in your hand?
Excuse me now, my margarita is empty. Happy weekend to all of you.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Janice, you bitch. You make me laugh! That boat story was hilarious.

You know I have a boat in my back yard. A sandbox boat. It's full of rocks and dirt. It's been there for a year.

But I have no complaints since my honey and his friends managed to lay 3800 sq ft of sod tonight while I drank margaritas with Barbi. All is well.

Sun Tea for Sinners said...

Ahhhh, my kinda gal! I like to tell HP it's constructive criticism, not nagging. As I also empty my glass of delish margarita! Sorry your yard smells like a decomposing body......Maybe that cute guy from CSI will show up!

Katie said...

FYI: The boat is now empty but still in the back yard until I find someone to "gift" it to.

Regina said...

I still want those rocks in your back yard. I'm thinking a dolly and a ramp up into Cobby's truck bed? Just an idea.

Speaking of margaritas, I saw a Coleman cordless/rechargeable blender w/margarita glasses at Costco this weekend. I think this is in case the power goes out and you really need a drink.