Tuesday, May 27, 2008

How many margarita's is too many?

Hello fellow bloggers (and blog stalkers if the name applies - not judging, just recognizing). I hope every one's long weekend was fruitful with praise and credit to all of those who worked hard for us, and margarita's and camping of course.

We spent a great weekend at my Step-brothers dads place in Flaming Gorge. Can't say I'd ever been before, it was quite nice. Lots of people, most of them suckers for a cute yellow dog with sad eyes and a slobbery toy, but it was a great time. I found a new margarita mix at the liquor store. Well, it has been there for a long time, but I think it is expensive (don't complain to me about a gallon of milk that will just go sour in a week or two). However, it came right down to it and I had no choice - no other other choice at all (nope, the one you're thinking isn't really a choice now is it?). So, I bucked up and bought the bottle. When I got into that new mix, I was purely delighted! Partly because after the second glass, I could just laugh at the price sticker that was staring me in the face like "I'm so expensive (imagine a Mr/Mrs. Howell accent please), you couldn't possibly enjoy me". But I did - so HA! And I might just buck up and buy that kind from now on. I'm not kidding - it was THAT good. My sister in law offered to make some of her marg's, but she puts poisonous Corona in hers. ICK!!! (Not that I don't love the Corona, but come on guys..it's packed full of barley).

So, we have spots at our house. I didn't really notice them until we got the top of our street on our way home. I wasn't sure if I had too many margarita's this weekend or if there were really spots. And there they were, bold as ever, they seemed so obvious I'm not sure why I missed them. As we got closer to home you could feel the excitement building up in the truck. Cobby was wondering "What....what....what?" I was saying "they got us, I can't believe they got us while we were gone" and Carli was asking "what is it, hey what is that?". When we got a few doors down from our house, you could see it...plain as day. We've been flocked. What is flocked you say? Well, just take a look (by the by, the baby was courtesy of Denise - we couldn't have a picture without Princess!).



According to the AAZK (American Association of ZooKeepers) it's the 21st century version of getting toilet papered. You pay to have someone "Flocked", they come home (Say from camping over the weekend) or they wake up in the morning and blammo, there they are...like 25 flamingos (one or more may be colored - ours was a giraffe colored guy). This is no trailer park flamingo, ok, well it is kind of. But it is a migration of flamingos. A few days later they will come and gather the flamingos to help them migrate to another foster home. You get a discount if you pay for the removal of the flamingos and forward the flock to someone you know. So watch out fellow friends. Now, if I could only decide who of my oh so many friends actually live within 5 miles of Salt Lake City. To be honest, I think the trailer park is coming out in me. Carli and I really like these guys. Me, because I think it is funny that it irritates Cobby to see our yard full of plastic pink birds and Carli because she loves to see our yard full of plastic pink birds. She loves told me today that she wishes they were all different colors so she could know which ones she has already pet. Yep, she pets 'em, ALL of 'em.

And last of all, we had to take Dally Poop the vet again today. Or at least I did. I was sure he ate something AGAIN! We won't go into details, but he is on rice and rinsed hamburger for the next couple of meals as well as some meds twice a day. Won't that be fun?

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love it!!! I was just telling someone about this the other day.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it wasn't Lynda Lopez?!?!? She has been known to "Pink Flamingo" a place or two in her day ;-)

Janice said...

I remember that, but her problem was STEELING them, if I remember correctly.